Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isomer - Revive Shampoo / Conditioner

I stopped using Wen because I had hair loss in spots all over.  Friends told me people were loosing hair.

It’s  been over a year and there are still a few spots.

I use Clear hair & scalp shampoo and conditioner among other shampoos. 

I hated to throw gallons of Wen out, dog shampoo also.

Fortunately I cut my own hair so can cover areas.

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl I've never used Wen, but have had fine, thin hair my entire life.  I tried both the Skinn and Isomers hair products and wasn't really impressed with either one.  I do like the Beekman shampoo and conditioner.  I alternate it with Therappe and Humectress.  I also add a couple of drops of Isomers Copper P to my scalp every morning. 

My hair has more fullness and volume than it ever did.  I'm about 20% grey now, so I'm sure the thicker texture of the new grey hairs is also helping.  

Trusted Contributor

I just threw out my Isomers Revive shampoo and conditioner.

It dried my hair out so bad my hair got frizzy and a tangled mess.

I have been using Tweak'd from HSN. I love it so far. Super easy too because you put it on dry hair, mid-shaft down for about 10 minutes (or however long it takes you to get stuff together to get in the shower). There are two kinds. One is a foam and one is a cream. I bought both and actually like both of them.

Once in shower you then wet it lightly, and scrub it around (gently). It becomes sort of foamy/creamy. Then you just rinse it out.

It is both shampoo and conditioner, so it shortens my shower time by 10 or more minutes.

I am also hair thinning. It breaks my heart when I look at the screen thingie I have over my drain so the hair doesn't go down. So much hair. It turned out to be my thyroid. On meds now, and Dr says it will grow back but hormone imbalances of any sort really messes up hair growth. It will never be the thick hair I used to have. Of course I am mid 60's, so nothing on my body will ever be the same Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I really love Tweak'D Rise & Shine Self Cleansing Hair Treatment that comes in the tall container, and dispenses in a foamy cream.  You apply it to your dry hair,  leave on about 5 mins and then wash out.  It is excellent and gives a lot of body to your hair.   I just bought 2 more. 

Contributor

The Isomers Hair Serum is the best.  The Revive Shampoo and Conditioner are fine, too, but it is the serum that really has helped my hair.  It makes my scalp very healthy and makes my hair stand up more at the roots.  I am not sure that it has increased the amount of hair on my head, but it does make my scalp and hair healthy and shiny.  I also just started the Capillus laser cap, which I got at Costco.com.  Thinning hair is the pits and is much more common than you know!  Many Hollywood stars wear wigs or hair enhancements when you see them looking so perfect! 

Respected Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

I have been using Tweak'd from HSN. I love it so far. Super easy too because you put it on dry hair, mid-shaft down for about 10 minutes (or however long it takes you to get stuff together to get in the shower). There are two kinds. One is a foam and one is a cream. I bought both and actually like both of them.

Once in shower you then wet it lightly, and scrub it around (gently). It becomes sort of foamy/creamy. Then you just rinse it out.

It is both shampoo and conditioner, so it shortens my shower time by 10 or more minutes.

I am also hair thinning. It breaks my heart when I look at the screen thingie I have over my drain so the hair doesn't go down. So much hair. It turned out to be my thyroid. On meds now, and Dr says it will grow back but hormone imbalances of any sort really messes up hair growth. It will never be the thick hair I used to have. Of course I am mid 60's, so nothing on my body will ever be the same Smiley Happy

@gabstoomuch wrote:

@gabstoomuch @nyc1    Thank you BOTH!! I have looked and Tweak'd quite a few times, I used to love the Ojon Oil back in the days.  QVC has a good price on the Rise & Shine, maybe I will give that a whirl and also find a good scalp treatment.

Does the Rise & Shine help with detangling also? When my hair is wet it seems to tangle easy because it's long.  THANK YOU for taking time to help a girl out, I appreciate it way more than you know - We are all busy, so taking time is so thoughtful.

Respected Contributor

@Nice Karin wrote:

The Isomers Hair Serum is the best.  The Revive Shampoo and Conditioner are fine, too, but it is the serum that really has helped my hair.  It makes my scalp very healthy and makes my hair stand up more at the roots.  I am not sure that it has increased the amount of hair on my head, but it does make my scalp and hair healthy and shiny.  I also just started the Capillus laser cap, which I got at Costco.com.  Thinning hair is the pits and is much more common than you know!  Many Hollywood stars wear wigs or hair enhancements when you see them looking so perfect! 

@Nice Karin   You made such a wise comment, now that I am thinning more I tend to look at people on TV, even the news gals HAHA!! But you are right, a lot of them have clip in extenstion and so on and also use powders to cover their scalp.  A gal i work with uses clip in extension right by her part line, it makes it look more lifted, I asked her how she gets since a lifter root/part area and she showed them to me, I was actually happy to see them because if made me feel better knowing I wasn't alone in the struggle. Getting older is not for wussy's!!! haha

Honored Contributor

Anyone who uses that fill-in powder (for ex. Joan Rivers Great hair Day) to hide thin spots on your scalp...just wanted to say that as an experienced hair laser user myself, I know you must wash off and not just brush off the powder from the scalp so that the laser lights can do their job. I am surprised to see how many people do not do this. A hair laser will not work if there is something on the scalp that blocks the lights, including fill-in powders. Just wanted to throw that out there. Woman Happy