Esteemed Contributor

Just that hint of sparkle, no thick lashes or liner?

(from Lisa Eldridge's new collection)

Honored Contributor

Re: Isn't This a Pretty Look?

@Harpa   I agree, gorgeous.....even though she would look stunning with/without "liquid lurex"...

Honored Contributor

It is very pretty.  When I saw it I was immediately reminded of my high school years in the late '70s.  Everyone was going for a softer side then wham, the heavy duty 80's came upon us with the big hair and bold eyes.  

Farrah always looked soft 1978 below cover issue.

US Vogue July 1978 : Farrah Fawcett by Patrick Demarchelier | the Fashion  Spot

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa   Love it! I think good, nice clear skin, minimal makeup and a healthy look never goes out of style... Timeless and much more attractive than overdoing makeup.

Respected Contributor

It's a nice look... on HER; I'm very fair and blonde so I *really* need mascara.  I look tired or ill without it.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

very soft and understated! I love that look, that is what I try to go for on the days that I wear makeup-which is mon-fri!

Honored Contributor

I don't like sparkle--especially the now fashionable Mr. Data skin look.  In what world does skin have a golden shimmer?  It all looks really fake to me.  

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

It is very pretty.  When I saw it I was immediately reminded of my high school years in the late '70s.  Everyone was going for a softer side then wham, the heavy duty 80's came upon us with the big hair and bold eyes.  

Farrah always looked soft 1978 below cover issue.

US Vogue July 1978 : Farrah Fawcett by Patrick Demarchelier | the Fashion  Spot

I was in college in her era...we were all sporting those Farrah layers, wearing our Nike sneakers, and striped jogging shorts, trying to jog and be all "sporty" like her. 😄 

Never do I see a photo of her, like above, where I don't still admire her unusually stunning "Texas girl next door" looks. She fought the good fight during her cancer diagnosis, and was gone to soon. RIP.

Respected Contributor

This a perfect look!!!  Soft shadow with a hint of shimmer.  I would SO wear this.

Respected Contributor

I like this look.  I noticed that Chanel has several options in this shadow look.  I like a shimmer without a lot of glitter.  I too will wear this look.  I tone it all down a bit since I am old,  but I enjoy trying different looks.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.