Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac's One "Fashion" Rule - beauty rule -- Anyone Hear?

I'm 61 and I have never worn "tons of makeup". However, I do find myself wearing more variety of things, like blush and mascara. I never found the need to wear these things when I was younger because I used to have more lashes and more color back then. These days preservation of my appearance seems to be more important than wearing makeup.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Less is more!! I get the most compliments on days that I wear just concealer,brows & lip color. When you wear to much makeup it starts to settle in lines you never knew you had!!

Honored Contributor

I heard that and I thought Isaac said that when you are young, you can pull off more make-up but as you get older, you need less because it's less aging.

Regular Contributor

this is funny to me as he would be the last person I'd take makeup/fashion advise from...he needs to look in the mirror himself more often and not worry about our makeup

Super Contributor

To me, it was the complete opposite of your statement! Poor Isaac couldn't get one sentence out without Amy interrupting. I was so annoyed that I turned it off! 

Respected Contributor

Oh my. IMHO he needs a comb, an iron and some new footwear. Isaac, clothing design is your forte, not beauty advice.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I heard him say that also and i 100% agree.........i wear

less as i have aged.....i always notice the false eyelashes the hosts often wear....not a good look...

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bobbi Brown once said that it wasn't about wearing less makeup, it was about choosing the right colors and blending them. Sometimes I just wear mascara, concealer and lipstick, other times I want to be more made up. So I try to follow Bobbi's advice.

On the other hand Isaac seems to like the florals and patterns and on me they look quite frumpy, so I tend to stick with solid colors.

Honored Contributor

I am a believer of wearing a little less makeup as you age, but you definitely still need some color, lips and blush..I work with a lot of women who do not wear makeup, and some of them do look older and aged, others do not. I think a lot depends on your skin when you go makeup-less... 

Honored Contributor

No idea who Isaac is but I never believe in a "one size fits all" rule for anything. However, I prefer a less makeup approach in general for myself, or at least a "little makeup, makeup" look, In other words, more natural.