Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi lip crayons? why

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I work in acquisitions and contracting -- I handle performance statements and regulation compliance for everything from foreign language translators to office furniture, electronic equipment to mailroom workers.  But I am also an artist and display and sell my work in small galleries and art shows.  I'm a small-time nobody (in the scheme of things and this conversation).  I like doing both; I strive to do them as expertly as I can.  I am astounded by the thought of stopping one endeavor for the other.

Get ready -- Peter Thomas Roth [skincare] is coming out with a line of jewelry on QVC very soon (announced by Shawn, who also displayed some of it)! 

I am CERTAIN you are very far from a nobody!! Your attitude alone tells me that. I agree, it is astounding that people limit themselves and would like to limit others but you know how it goes. Haters gotta hate. It would be tiresome  having to deal with people like that but I imagine it would be tiresome to BE a person like that. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I can see an Isaac consumer  coming a mile away.....wearing a LOUD floral sweater over three other sweaters in different conflicting colors, sunglasses  (of course), poly 24 hour stretch flood pants, floral scarf, and ruby red lipstick.  Lovely.

Wow, a first for me. I accidentally hearted your post.

Did you ever think before you posted this that you might be insulting many people here? Why so bitter about everything, SeaMaiden? You certainly don't seem very happy.

I am certain her intent was TO insult. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Why? It is called GREED.

That's what I was thinking too.

Honored Contributor

I may be wrong, but I believe IM has a team of people who "help him create". I agree the bottom line is greed though.

Esteemed Contributor

I am always thankful when greedy people create a business which employs people, expand it which employs even more and then add to the tax base with their lovely earnings. Win win.

JFK
Honored Contributor

@baker wrote:

I may be wrong, but I believe IM has a team of people who "help him create". I agree the bottom line is greed though.

Uh, what's wrong with a very creative person who has a pulse on fashion branching out and running a profitable company?     People are always complaining about the fact that this country needs more JOBS but then others complain that it's all about "greed".    Darned if you do, or darned if you don't.

Frequent Contributor

It seems like all designers put a bright pink in their sets. Pink is awful on me. I go more for the corals, to rusts, but I have some red in my hair and pink just clashes. I will also do a red Dior999 is a perfect red no blue, orange. or pink in it. I searched a long time to find the perfect one without those undertones. This one is pricey, but perfect!!!