Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi lip crayons? why

Someone mentioned Joan Rivers and how many here remember her skin care, body care, perfume and makeup line?

My mom used all of them and let me tell ya... the lipstick and NAIL POLISH were out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have bought polishes ranging from $1 to $90 (don't ask) and her's were THE BEST.

It comes down to not the name, but the QUALITY. Many people slap their name on a product and call it a day, waiting for the profits to roll in and soon,  due to it being junk, it goes away. But those that care and invest time, effort and research (aka money) of their own? Watch out Estee Lauder and Lancome; you got competition!!

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I can see an Isaac consumer  coming a mile away.....wearing a LOUD floral sweater over three other sweaters in different conflicting colors, sunglasses  (of course), poly 24 hour stretch flood pants, floral scarf, and ruby red lipstick.  Lovely.

Not all 'lovely' is on the outside.........think about it.......

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Someone mentioned Joan Rivers and how many here remember her skin care, body care, perfume and makeup line?

My mom used all of them and let me tell ya... the lipstick and NAIL POLISH were out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have bought polishes ranging from $1 to $90 (don't ask) and her's were THE BEST.

It comes down to not the name, but the QUALITY. Many people slap their name on a product and call it a day, waiting for the profits to roll in and soon,  due to it being junk, it goes away. But those that care and invest time, effort and research (aka money) of their own? Watch out Estee Lauder and Lancome; you got competition!!

I loved Joan's beauty products, and I was really bummed out when she stopped making them.

Her lipsticks were great, and I no longer wear polish, but I passed her polishes on to a friend that does, when I would get her polishes in a kit.

My friend loved the polishes, and said that they were the best that she had ever used, too. Smiley Happy

I am always happy to see someone branching out and doing something else. I am always up for trying someone's cosmetics and perfumes, handbags, etc. 

Occasional Contributor

I think Isaac is into branding himself in as many ways as he can. Will the real Isaac please standup? (can't stand the fake 'girlfriend' jive with Shawn).

*mutually annoyed but with just a whisper of humor cause i really really like his 24/7 pants*

Valued Contributor

Because PEOPLE can only buy so much make up from so many people.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let's not forget that many companies chase designers to lend their name to a product, so they have a "designer version'.

As for Isaac Lip Crayons ......   I can beat that !!

Today I was grocery shopping and looking for an assorted size box ..... and lo and behold, right there on the shelf were a box of Bandaids ...  by Isaac !!!  

I found a photo ....

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Let's not forget that many companies chase designers to lend their name to a product, so they have a "designer version'.

Today I was grocery shopping and looking for an assorted size box ..... and lo and behold, right there on the shelf were a box of Bandaids ...  by Isaac !!!  

I found a photo ....

And this, which I've seen at my local supermarket:

IM Tissues

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I found a photo ....

And this, which I've seen at my local supermarket:

IM Tissues

@suzyQ3 @Tinkrbl44  LOL  seriously though, I own a similar IM cardigan in that lower right.  If they have the pocket size I'd buy them !!

I was tempted last year to get the lip gloss set he has on here , when it was an OTO I believe.  Looking at it now and it has better reviews than most of the other "real" makeup vendors.  His other things have good reviews too.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see the problem with it at all. Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, Charlotte Ronson, Karl Lagerfeld, Dolce and Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Yves St Laurent, etc... all have makeup lines too. I happen to love some of Tom Ford and Marc Jacobs products. Armani also makes a wonderful foundation. 

If there is a market for it, why not?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Toppers wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

I loved Joan's beauty products, and I was really bummed out when she stopped making them.

Her lipsticks were great, and I no longer wear polish, but I passed her polishes on to a friend that does, when I would get her polishes in a kit.

My friend loved the polishes, and said that they were the best that she had ever used, too. Smiley Happy

I am always happy to see someone branching out and doing something else. I am always up for trying someone's cosmetics and perfumes, handbags, etc. 

Joan Rivers had THE BEST hand cream (Absolutely Magic hand cream, which it absolutely was)I have ever tried. It had hydroquinone in it and  my mom had it first, that is how I found out about it. She had some spots on her hands and they were gone with in 2 weeks of using it. She also had the best nail polish and lip gloss I have ever used. Loved that stuff and I still have her base coat, top coat and one color left that I still use. I don't even remember when I got it but it has to be at least 8 yrs old. Her stuff was great!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK