QVC Social Team

Re: Isaac Mizrahi lip crayons? why

This post has been removed by QVC because unkind to vendor.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Why? It is called GREED.

100% AGREE. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can see an Isaac consumer  coming a mile away.....wearing a LOUD floral sweater over three other sweaters in different conflicting colors, sunglasses  (of course), poly 24 hour stretch flood pants, floral scarf, and ruby red lipstick.  Lovely.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I can see an Isaac consumer  coming a mile away.....wearing a LOUD floral sweater over three other sweaters in different conflicting colors, sunglasses  (of course), poly 24 hour stretch flood pants, floral scarf, and ruby red lipstick.  Lovely.

Wow, a first for me. I accidentally hearted your post.

Did you ever think before you posted this that you might be insulting many people here? Why so bitter about everything, SeaMaiden? You certainly don't seem very happy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@loveour4leggedfriends wrote:

I love Isaac's line and my closets will attest to that, they are stuffed with his clothing.  I am a lipstick gal,  Never leave home without my lipstick.  I tried Isaac's lipsticks a while back, and they are fabulous!!!!!!  I like a deep, rich, saturated color, will not wear nudes ever as they look washed out on me.  I like a red lip or a deep fushia.  His lipsticks are the best I have tried in a long time (usually wear Nars).  I just tried his spf 30 with moisturizer and love that also.  The first thing I did was research his make-up line and yes, it is cruelty free, no animal testing.  That was the selling pont for me.  I am going to try his blush next.  I say good for Isaac, why not branch out especially if the product is a good one.  

Thanks for your review regarding Isaac's lipsticks!

I love lipstick, too, and I am always ready to try a new brand of lipstick. I always think that Isaac is fun to watch, too! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I work in acquisitions and contracting -- I handle performance statements and regulation compliance for everything from foreign language translators to office furniture, electronic equipment to mailroom workers.  But I am also an artist and display and sell my work in small galleries and art shows.  I'm a small-time nobody (in the scheme of things and this conversation).  I like doing both; I strive to do them as expertly as I can.  I am astounded by the thought of stopping one endeavor for the other.

Get ready -- Peter Thomas Roth [skincare] is coming out with a line of jewelry on QVC very soon (announced by Shawn, who also displayed some of it)! 

Respected Contributor

When Isaac first came to QVC, in addition to clothing, didn't he sell bedding ? And does anyone recall his plaid cheesecake ?
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

A post like like this makes me realize just how unhappy some people are in the world.

I would wager that you've NEVER seen anyone in real life dressed like you describe  I would also wager that you don't get out much anyway given your general discontent and belligerence with so many things.

I happen to like floral sweaters, red lipstick and sunglasses.  Actually sunglasses are not just a fashion statement where I live.  In this sunny climate they are a health must.

~Enough is enough~
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

A lot of fashion designers have makeup lines:  Chanel, Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, Yves Saint Laurent (YSL), Dior.

I would not call it greed.  It's actually smart business.  The idea is to keep growing a successful business, not rest on your laurels hoping that nobody will catch up with you.

Honored Contributor

@dc2004 wrote:

A lot of fashion designers have makeup lines:  Chanel, Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, Yves Saint Laurent (YSL).

calvin klein, cynthia rowley, etc..