Valued Contributor

Isaac Mizrahi lip crayons? why

[ Edited ]

I had no idea Isaac Mizrahi was now delving into the makeup industry. That seems so odd! He should stick to fashion - that is what he DOES - that is what he is trained in. Makeup? Please. I hate it when celebrities do this kind of thing. Can you imagine a show with him and Shawn talking about his lip crayons for an hour? God.

Tone shoud be read as mostly amused with a slight touch of annoyance. Not anger Smiley Happy Just - WHY?  Ok - feel free to scold me now.

Valued Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi lip crayons? why

isaac's talents are endless ...  We went to see the Christmas show at Radio City this year and Isaac designs costumes for the Rockettes ...  and I believe he designed the huge chandelier in the lobby of Radio City ...  I agree though ...  stick to one thing ...  Like everyone at QVC does jewelry now to go with their line ...  Logo, Susan Graver, Louis ...  Wasn't always that way ...  Joan Rivers did costume jewelry ...

Trusted Contributor

Why?  Creative people are creative... no need to stick with one thing when there are so many areas to be creative within.  Why limit oneself to just one thing?

Honored Contributor

Why? It is called GREED.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have to agree with you, but I'm not sure why.  My first thought is that I'm not interested.  Where is that other post complaining about lipsticks?  Lipsticks don't impress me these days.

Honored Contributor

Oh, come on. Greed? I mean, I'm all for social justice, truly, but what's wrong with creating products?

As for why he would have a makeup line? I guess the same reason that Tom Ford and many other designers do as well. Who says he just has to design clothes? Oh, and btw, another thing that he and TF have in common is that they both have made perfumes, albeit Tom Ford is more well-known for his.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It's common for designers and models who have achieved success in the fashion industry to start makeup lines.  The markup is amazing and if they can use their name to launch a product and then turn out something that sells, good for them.  Marc Jacobs, Dior, top down, look at Barney's, Sephora, lots of them are doing it and it's perfectly natural.

To say "he should stick to fashion" and "it's what he DOES" -- makes no sense.  The fashion and beauty and home decor industries are all interrelated.

I guess OP thinks Josie Maran should stick to modeling?   Or that top designers who dress the most powerful people in the world shouldn't be lining up to do inexpensive lines for Target?  You want to tell them they can do this and not that?!? 

If someone is successful they are limited in what they can put out only by their own ambition and talents.  Then the public gets to vote with our money.  

Trusted Contributor

Greed? No.  It's more at self-expression.  And, of course, there is no guarantee that anyone will want whatever you create!

Honored Contributor

I don't find it a stretch at all between designing clothing to make women look and feel good....  and designing colors and pallets of make up for women to go with the clothing... after all it's all about color and style both in clothing and in make up.....

Good for Isaac.... Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I love Isaac's line and my closets will attest to that, they are stuffed with his clothing.  I am a lipstick gal,  Never leave home without my lipstick.  I tried Isaac's lipsticks a while back, and they are fabulous!!!!!!  I like a deep, rich, saturated color, will not wear nudes ever as they look washed out on me.  I like a red lip or a deep fushia.  His lipsticks are the best I have tried in a long time (usually wear Nars).  I just tried his spf 30 with moisturizer and love that also.  The first thing I did was research his make-up line and yes, it is cruelty free, no animal testing.  That was the selling pont for me.  I am going to try his blush next.  I say good for Isaac, why not branch out especially if the product is a good one.