Honored Contributor

Is this set from 2018? Tarte Tartelette 5-Piece Makeup Bag Must-Haves

[ Edited ]

Tarte  Tartelette 5-Piece Makeup Bag Must-Haves

There's a set for sale. I would like fresher stock than makeup that's been sitting around since 2018. If it's fresher, I'll buy it. If you have this set, do you know when you bought it? Could it have been brought back in for a repeat offering using newly produced stock. I don't want the set expiring on me right away. Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is this set from 2018? tarte tartelette 5-Piece Makeup Bag Must-Haves

@Mindy D wrote:

tarte tartelette 5-Piece Makeup Bag Must-Haves

There's a set for sale. I would like fresher stock than makeup that's been sitting around since 2018. If it's fresher, I'll buy it. If you have this set, do you know when you bought it? Could it have been brought back in for a repeat offering using newly produced stock. I don't want the set expiring on me right away. Thanks for your help.

@Mindy D   There are several Tarte palettes that have been so popular, they've stayed in the line. Tartlette In Bloom is one of those. I'm not sure what else is in the kit, but if purchased from a reputable source, it should not be an expired set.

Honored Contributor

I would be very leery of buying this set from QVC.  The deep discount leads me to believe this is old stock.  

If you read through reviews on some kits, like the TILI kits, many of them are old stock with expired products in them.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus @I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that the set is here on QVC. It looks like it had been a TSV. It could have been the TSV back in 2018. That's why I'm asking if anyone bought it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D  -  order it and if there's a problem with it, return it.  Eyeshadow lasts for years.  I can't imagine eyeshadow going bad.

As much as I have ordered from the Q, I've never had a problem with expired products.  I've also ordered the TILI boxes and have never had a problem with bad products.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Is this set from 2018? Tarte Tartelette 5-Piece Makeup Bag Must-Haves

@Mindy D wrote:

Tarte  Tartelette 5-Piece Makeup Bag Must-Haves

Hi @Mindy D  - I bought it in 2018 when it was a TSV. My guess is that they want to clear out the old stock. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Mindy D  -  order it and if there's a problem with it, return it.  Eyeshadow lasts for years.  I can't imagine eyeshadow going bad.

As much as I have ordered from the Q, I've never had a problem with expired products.  I've also ordered the TILI boxes and have never had a problem with bad products.

@San Antonio Gal the brand new TILI boxes are okay. The ones in stock that are discounted are old.  There are plenty of reviews about expired products in them.

I do keep my eyeshadows forever but I certainly don't want to buy them if they've been sitting in a warehouse for 3 years.