Respected Contributor

It has nothing to do with being a prude, or not.  It's, IMO, a stupid silly name to grab attention.  But, sadly, times have changed.

Esteemed Contributor

The product mentioned by the OP is part of line with the same name.

A 1.7 fl.oz. of the fragrance is $320 while a 21 oz. candle is around $110. All selling at places like Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Nordstrom, etc. And...there's no discount for bundling! 

Tom Ford isn't the only designer, or manufacturer to push the boundaries. Too-faced, Urban Decay, Essie, as well as many others have names that could be considered risque by some. Examples include Deep Throat, Better than Sex, Size Matters, and G Spot. UD's Naked Cherry Palette (that's not suggestive, lol) has a shade "Drunk Dial" that's been described as being able to bring you to a smoky climax. As RedConvertibleGirl said--times have changed!

Respected Contributor

For the past few months, I've seen a lot of ads in magazines for a vodka with the brand name Effen, I guess the rapper 50¢ has something to do with it.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@RedRedHair    It is the culture of todays youth/ younger generation who use this word and worse like drinking water..... it is just in their vocabulary... go on Face Book and see the trash and filthy things people say there.  It is only shocking to those who never use that language.  

To me shows lack of education and class. 

One of my neighbors is a long time school teacher, she says she tries to tell kid they're too smart to use that type of language. 'show me what you know, you're too smart for that talk" is her prhase.  Wonderful, lovely girl. 

When my emp's start I shut them down immediately.  Enough.  Grow up!

What a shame that the celebs in this world set that type of example.  Gross. Tom Ford (one of my true favorite designers) just dropped a few pegs in my book.  Shame. 

Esteemed Contributor

I call it the social media trashbag marketing. The more outrageous and profane your perfume marketing is, the more page views and social media likes your marketing campaign will likely be. I also don't think Tom Ford has ever been thought of as classy gentleman but a "bad boy." Why his namesake Estee Lauder owned brand is perceived as a luxury brand is beyond me. I seriously doubt that he has a hand in any of the development of any makeup or fragrance. He strikes me as someone who will license his name to make a ton of money.

Look at the new Revlon owned Flesh makeup line that former Allure editor in chief Linda Wells is now head of. All of those Flesh makeup products have trashy and distasteful names. So the trashy names get the new brand talked about on social media because there's no such thing as bad publicity when your brand is perceived as an up and coming startup.

Super Contributor

I so agree with names such as these on products. Surely they can think of a better name.

Honored Contributor

I just read a novel that had been translated from the Swedish.  Wonder what that word is in Swedish?  It was used by everyone in the book.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I just read a novel that had been translated from the Swedish.  Wonder what that word is in Swedish?  It was used by everyone in the book.  

@depglass, a quick google gave me the answer, but I'm not sure whether I should post it. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

That dawned on me right after I posted.  Isn't Google wonderful. 

Super Contributor

i just think that it cheapens the product to a common mentality.  so im not buying it.  so there!