Honored Contributor

Re: Is there really a powder makeup that works for mature skin?

Thank you for these suggestions!  That's kind of what I am about right now.  I am always in a hurry and want something quick but that does a nice job.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am 55 and use either Lancome Dual Finish, Cover Fx Pressed Mineral Powder or MAC Studio Fix every day.   What matters here, I believe, is how you prep the skin.

I have combo skin and use Clinque Dramatically Different Gel followed by Australian Gold Tinted Face SPF 50 ( this stuff is amazing.. found out about it from Angie on Hot and Flashy on Youtube) .... I let that set and then lightly apply a loose powder and then apply one of the above with a powder puff... not a brush... this really sets the makeup to the skin better and I usually have no touchups through the day because its not needed. 

Might not seem like it but this takes all of five minutes to do... no time at all... I usually apply a liner to my eyes or something between steps. 

The light loose powder before foundation trick I learned from Wayne Gross Youtube channel. He recommends it for liquid or powder foundation.  I really believe this makes a huge difference in how foundations look and last on the skin. As for which loose powder, I vary.... Urban Decay Velvetizer is the one I am using now. 

Super Contributor

I'm VERY mature and LOVE the IT CC+ Airbrush foundation in the compact. 

Esteemed Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

Wander Beauty Powder Foundation (A356422) is the best pressed powder foundation I've ever used. 

I tried that one but it turned me orangy. I had gotten the medium shade, perhaps if I had gone up a shade lighter it would have worked better. Once my IT powder one starts running out perhaps I'll take a stab at the Wander brand again but lighter.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite powder/mineral makeup is from Everyday Minerals online I use their semi-matt soft glow base and they have lots of free samples so you can find the perfect shade. The best mineral makeup I've ever found. Fun website shopping too and 100% cruelty-free. https://www.everydayminerals.com/store/

Respected Contributor

I'm 63 and use BM.  I don't use much.  A little goes a long way.  It looks so natural and I get lots of compliments on my skin, not my makeup.  

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1I have used "Jane Iredale's" powder foundation for many years. Check to see if anyone in your area carries her products. I buy mine at my beauty shop. I'm 65.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like' It' liquid foundation but  do not like the powder compact , I am 67 and "It  founation pressed powder" looks white and dry on my skin , I use rimmel of london"Stay Matte"long lasting pressed powder , Good coverage and inexpensive , And yes it does have some Talc in it but it looks great and covers well , Not expensive and comes i a lot of different shades.Looks great on .I use' creamy natural' and have light skin. 

cathy from ma 

Esteemed Contributor

I never thought my super oily acne prone skin would change due to menopause but it did and my skin now has some slight oiliness in the T zone but it's normal on the rest of my face. I prefer to use the IT CC cream on my face and then if my face needs a bit of powder in the T zone I will dust the IT Celebration powder or any other face powder that I have in the T zone only. I don't use powder under my eyes as it does make my eyes look crepey.

Honored Contributor

So many nice choices!  I wish I could try them all.  Now, I am excited and don't know which one I want to try first!  I thank you so much!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin