Respected Contributor

Re: Is there anything that really softens cuticles?

Revlon cuticle cream works for me - have not however purchased it in years - wonder if it still exists

Trusted Contributor

Hi Rach,

You got me browsing "dry cuticles" on Pinterest. BTW, lots of do it yourself homemade cuticle oils.

I found a tip that sounded good.

Take a thick moisturizing cream mask & apply around nail & cuticle, then wipe off of nail, which will leave a ring of the mask still intact around the cuticle.  Go to bed  or just leave on while doing other things like typing on computer.  I just put some cheap St Ives lotion to test it & it is a winner!  I am typing now, no goop or oil all over my hands & I am getting a mosturizing cuticle treatment

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the tip!
Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I received some Aragon oil balm in my signature club A kit, it is in a small tin. I fell in love with this little gem, I put it on my cuticles both hands and toe cuticles and it works great! She does offer it as a single purchase item for $20 and it lasts forever. At first I though it was just a wasted filler item but you have to dig a little of it out and it absorbs quickly. It's more of a balm.
Esteemed Contributor

That old standby Solar Oil (which is mostly almond oil) is wonderful.  You have to be faithful about using it several times a day and overnight.  Keep your nails from being brittle too.

Super Contributor

Have you tried coconut oil? It works well. I also use it to remove my bullet proof eye makeup.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, T.I.P.S. It completely reversed a lifetime of bad cuticles within days.

Super Contributor

Yes paulas choice lip and body balm! Amazing! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Vinegar has many uses, is used to soften water and can be used to soften cuticles by soaking fingers in it for a minute or two.  It works.  It smells but it takes the fungus, the yellow off the nails, if there is any, and it softens the cuticles.