Respected Contributor

Is there anything I shouldn’t use with Niacinimide?

I get so confused as to what you can’t use together. 

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there anything I shouldn’t use with Niacinimide?

[ Edited ]

I would have to say vitamin C would be the one to be concerned with if the VC is of the ascorbic acid variety. When applied together (cocktailed) the VC might lose a bit of it's acidity which could affect the VC absorbency. In this case application might be better if done about 15 to 20 minutes apart when layering those two. I don't think it matters which one is applied first. I prefer to apply VC first thing after cleansing. 

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

I get so confused as to what you can’t use together. 

Thanks.

Niacinamide is just Vitamin B3. It's one of the wonder ingredients. Cheap and makes the skin look great. It's the real secret ingredient in most of the less-expensive anti-aging lines like Olay.

You don't need to worry about combining it. Now niacin, be careful of. That will cause flushing. They sometimes put that in lip plumpers. But niacinamide isn't exactly the same thing.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

You're right about the NAM not causing flushing. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted my info. I changed my post.Woman Happy thanks

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I would have to say vitamin C would be the one to be concerned with if the VC is of the ascorbic acid variety. When applied together (cocktailed) the VC might lose a bit of it's acidity which could affect the VC absorbency. In this case application might be better if done about 15 to 20 minutes apart when layering those two. I don't think it matters which one is applied first. I prefer to apply VC first thing after cleansing. 

@SilleeMee A thank you so much.

Respected Contributor

Just a note about Nicotinamide: It is being used successfully to treat and manage acitnic keratosis which are pre-cancerous squamous skin cancers. 

Respected Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Just a note about Nicotinamide: It is being used successfully to treat and manage acitnic keratosis which are pre-cancerous squamous skin cancers. 

@granddi Wow, thanks.