Respected Contributor

Re: Is there an eye cream that actually works?

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Moments ago, Came here to leave review about my eye cream. 58 my skin needs have dramatically changed. Dry sensitve issues! Yet happy to report as of this writing my skin is balanced, Thanks! To Philosophy TSV 4 Iconic items. Which leads me to your question. Back story concerning my eyes, Several months ago used Tarte Rainforest Pallet experienced horrid allergic reaction, Dr prescribed ointment eyes healed. After that, Decided needed eye cream do to fact! Allergic reaction left my lids looking awful!! Ugh Differcult explaining, Fact is wrinkles folded skin! Hot mess!!!! Enjoying 💁 Philosophy, Decided search for eye cream. Tried Hope *Renew* eye cream, Irritated my eyes, Do to alpha hydroxy. Returned back searching. Pleased reporting, Found my eye cream! *When Hope isn't Enough Eye Cream* Amazing!!!! Hydrating, Cooling. Lid Issues, Disappeared. A280323 set comes with serum value excellent! Love the serum too. Originally, Chose the eye cream alone, NEVER!! Want to be without. In the past, Believed eye cream wasn't necessary, From my experience, Realize the importance. Lastly, Love!! Philosophy chose using glass instead of plastic.

Just goes to show how different products work for some and not for others! I didn't like that eye cream at all! I'd say it was one of the worst ever. It made my eyes water. @Sweet_Serenity  Glad it works for you.

Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Moments ago, Came here to leave review about my eye cream. 58 my skin needs have dramatically changed. Dry sensitve issues! Yet happy to report as of this writing my skin is balanced, Thanks! To Philosophy TSV 4 Iconic items. Which leads me to your question. Back story concerning my eyes, Several months ago used Tarte Rainforest Pallet experienced horrid allergic reaction, Dr prescribed ointment eyes healed. After that, Decided needed eye cream do to fact! Allergic reaction left my lids looking awful!! Ugh Differcult explaining, Fact is wrinkles folded skin! Hot mess!!!! Enjoying 💁 Philosophy, Decided search for eye cream. Tried Hope *Renew* eye cream, Irritated my eyes, Do to alpha hydroxy. Returned back searching. Pleased reporting, Found my eye cream! *When Hope isn't Enough Eye Cream* Amazing!!!! Hydrating, Cooling. Lid Issues, Disappeared. A280323 set comes with serum value excellent! Love the serum too. Originally, Chose the eye cream alone, NEVER!! Want to be without. In the past, Believed eye cream wasn't necessary, From my experience, Realize the importance. Lastly, Love!! Philosophy chose using glass instead of plastic.

Just goes to show how different products work for some and not for others! I didn't like that eycream at all! I'd say it was one of the worst ever. It made my eyes water. @Sweet_Serenity  Glad it works for you.

Yes indeed!! Not only do I love this cream! Twin and Best friend. Never said, One size fits all. Originally, Tried Renew Hope, As I said experienced reaction. Luckliy! There's more than enough variety.
Esteemed Contributor

Pure argan oil is a good choice, because:

-there is only 1 ingredient; it is unlikely to cause allergic reactions

-it sinks in to your skin rather than just sitting on the top layer

-it doesn't cause milia

-you can buy it inexpensively (there are many different brands)

Sometimes I like to follow up with an eye cream or a heavier oil to "seal it in"...especially during the dry months.

If you don't like argan oil, there are other oils you can try.  In my experience, pure oils moisturize better than creams, and creams are just something I add on top when I choose to.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Occasional Contributor

For diminishing crows feet and fine lines, I have had the best results with Algenist eye balm. A little goes a long way. They sometimes have  a smaller size in their discovery kits and I could tell by the end of the small jar that it was helping.

Respected Contributor

I have been using Elemis since I got it as a TSV.  I like it and think it works for me.  Eye creams do give me milia (SP?) and this does not so I also appreciate that.  HTH

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions. I'm not sure which one I'll try (try first).