Honored Contributor

Re: Is there an anti-frizz shampoo or conditioner that really works?

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Another "frizz sister" here! I started getting the frizzies after menopause, but it's only on half of my head. The left side is frizz-free and straight - the right side is extremely frizzy. When it's humid (all summer) the left side is flat and the right side is nothing but frizz....not a fun situation! My latest search brought me to Tweak'd here on the Q, with shampoo, conditioner and the balm for the ends of the hair. It hasn't really worked.

I've decided that using my blow dryer without a diffuser might not be helping the situation either, and I'm ready to invest in a moderately priced blow dryer with diffuser to see if that makes any difference....suggestions or recommendations are welcome. My stylist does a great blow-out and I end up with no frizz, but I'm absolutely a klutz when it comes to drying my hair and brushing it out at the same time.

revlon oval hot brush,   there are some videos on youtube about it,  

Revlon Oval One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizing Styler - image 8 of 8

using a dryer without the concentrator or the diffuser just makes your hair go all over and frizz more.  

Honored Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
Deva Curl products have worked the best for my frizzy hair. They are a bit pricey though.

@Steffdoggy10   Any products (S&C and styling products) are dupes for Deva Curl.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I already replied to this post, but would like to add whether or not you have curly hair, try reading The Curly Girl Method (Lorraine Massey). I’ve followed that method with modifications for years. I don’t co-wash (wash w/ conditioners). I try to use sulfate free shampoo, but do sometimes find silicone helpful w/ frizz....use a clarifying shampoo every other week followed  by a deep conditioner. I also will sometimes straighten my hair gently on low/cool (a Curly Girl no -no) w/ the newer Revlon device that blow dries, straightens and adds volume with a large brush on the end...great reviews.

As my layers grow out and I’ve added length from a pixie to chin length bob, the weight has helped straighten the curls/waves. Less layers pull down the ends that can frizz and I mainly have a little frizz on the bottom edges...especially since going grey...naturally drier hair. 

Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Another "frizz sister" here! I started getting the frizzies after menopause, but it's only on half of my head. The left side is frizz-free and straight - the right side is extremely frizzy. When it's humid (all summer) the left side is flat and the right side is nothing but frizz....not a fun situation! My latest search brought me to Tweak'd here on the Q, with shampoo, conditioner and the balm for the ends of the hair. It hasn't really worked.

I've decided that using my blow dryer without a diffuser might not be helping the situation either, and I'm ready to invest in a moderately priced blow dryer with diffuser to see if that makes any difference....suggestions or recommendations are welcome. My stylist does a great blow-out and I end up with no frizz, but I'm absolutely a klutz when it comes to drying my hair and brushing it out at the same time.

revlon oval hot brush,   there are some videos on youtube about it,  

Revlon Oval One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizing Styler - image 8 of 8

using a dryer without the concentrator or the diffuser just makes your hair go all over and frizz more.  

@jackthebear  My sister gave me this a few months ago, but I didn't try it until I saw your post. I get my hair colored, so it's been drier with more frizz. I've been trying Wen Replenishing Mist before I dry my hair, but it wasn't enough. I used Wen this morning, put on some styling creme, then gave this new tool a shot. My hair is smoother and straighter! I'm very happy, and I'm someone who can't even curl her hair because I'm inept with tools. Woman Very HappyI dried my hair in pieces after watching a video on YouTube. I didn't even dry my hair completely (I know that you're supposed to), and I was still happy with the results. Thanks for the nudge!