Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is there an anti-frizz shampoo or conditioner that really works?

@CalminHeart - I live where it is very humid. The best thing that helped me was a Keratin treatment - lasted all summer.

Or, you can try Ouidad (sp?) products - they are supposed to be good.

Respected Contributor

Something that I just found is working well for me. It's Living Proof Restore Smooth Blowout Concentrate. It's very concentrated so you only use 2 pumps and keep it away from the root area. What I do is go over my most troubled areas first then what's left I do the rest of my head including my root area. Since there isn't much left on my hand at that point, it doesn't seem to flatten my hair. Have had no problem at all. This is the best thing that I have found. As far as shampoo and conditioner, I like Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. Another one is Davines Love Shampoo and Conditioner. I might like the Davines sligthly better but they both work well for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

This is the only product I have never heard of.

Thanks for mentioning it...I'm going to give it a try.

Hope springs eternal!

@Witchy Woman  You're welcome.  My daughter is a professional hairstylist.  She tried it on me one time and I ended up buying it.  It's available at assorted places, not only a salon product.  I hope you like it.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   I watched the video. Really interesting.  And, just when I embraced my curls and stopped blow drying my hair!  It makes me wonder it it would work with the heat while diffusing hair rather than straightening it.  My hair is really fine, and I do need some volume that I wouldn't have if my hair is too straight.

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch   I watched the video. Really interesting.  And, just when I embraced my curls and stopped blow drying my hair!  It makes me wonder it it would work with the heat while diffusing hair rather than straightening it.  My hair is really fine, and I do need some volume that I wouldn't have if my hair is too straight.

@ItsME  It might be worth it to you, to buy a small bottle and give it a try.  Let us know what happens.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@CalminHeart 

20% off the product by subscribing to their site.

Watched the video on how.  Mostly looks like you need to saturate hair.  My hair is fine and won't take much.

The thing I like is it lasts for a bit without destrying your curls.  It might be just the thing to get me through the summer. 

I'm getting the BIG bottle and will report back.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ItsME 

Wondering the same thing.

I posted that they are giving 20% off for subscribing.  Also, free shipping over $30.

I'm going for the 16 oz size.

Please post back if you decide to try it.

Esteemed Contributor

@ItsME 

They do have a product for curly hair.  Did not watch the video, but you might check it out if you want to keep it curly, but not frizzy.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@CalminHeart 

20% off the product by subscribing to their site.

Watched the video on how.  Mostly looks like you need to saturate hair.  My hair is fine and won't take much.

The thing I like is it lasts for a bit without destrying your curls.  It might be just the thing to get me through the summer. 

I'm getting the BIG bottle and will report back.

I'm not cheap with it when I apply, but I don't totally saturate my hair either.  I just randomly lift sections and spray, then comb through.  I think everyone kind of finds how much works for them.

Honored Contributor

@felixmom wrote:

Aveda Smooth Infusion - Style Prep Smoother

Aveda Confixor Liquid Gel

I mix both of these together and apply to towel-dried hair. I have coarse, very thick hair. Results are excellent. 

@felixmom 

My hair is also thick. Thanks for the suggestion.