Honored Contributor

Re: Is there an anti-frizz shampoo or conditioner that really works?

@CalminHeart  I know Aveda has shampoo, conditioner and another product for frizz.  Go online and read the reviews.

kindness is strength
Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I feel like I've tried all kinds of brands of shampoo, conditioner, and leave-ins...from cheap to very expensive.  Nothing helps with the frizz.  It's humid here and and I'm looking for what worked for you.  I get my hair cut regularly so cut isn't the issue.  Perhaps you're using a brand I haven't tried.  Thanks.

@CalminHeart  It's neither a shampoo or conditioner, but I recommend that you try Color Wow Dream Coat.  It's a spray that you apply to cleansed & conditioned damp hair before blowing it dry. It requires blowdrying so the heat can activate the product.  Also, make sure you hold the section of hair taut as you dry it so you can that desired smoothness.  You will not get the desired result if you just spray the product on and air dry your hair. It is not heavy or greasy and is safe for color treated hair. Look it up online and you'll see how it gets lots of positive reviews.  See the link below, to read about the product. 

COLOR WOW DREAM COAT

This product is amazing!!  I’m on my 2nd bottle. It’s the only thing that will keep my hair 100% frizz free. I live in TX and it’s humid here all the time. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can’t wait to try it on my coarse, porous hair that soaks up humidity immediately- It looks like RainX for hair!  Ultra doesn’t have it now online, but Dermstore does with a 20% discount and free shipping over $50!  I ordered it!  THANKS for the rec !! I appreciate you all- 💝

Trusted Contributor

Deva Curl products have worked the best for my frizzy hair. They are a bit pricey though.
Honored Contributor

I think many of us w/ curls or frizz are always on the hunt for the dream products. Unfortunately, I’ve never found solutions in shampoos & conditioners since they’re rinsed out. I’ve found solutions in the styling products. Several months ago, my stylist suggested Moroccanoil products. I use the mousse, deep conditioning mask and dry shampoo on second or third day hair. I also use a tiny drop of their oil treatment. The oil is now available in “light” for blondes and grey hair. The original oil is darker & could stain some lighter hair colors or highlights. 

I know it has silicones and a complete NO for the CGM, but a “Girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do”. I use their clarifying shampoo twice a month to remove any buildup. It’s gentle and non-drying. 

Trusted Contributor

Has anyone tried the Olaplex product line?  There is a treatment my stylist mixes in with the color product and a treatment used after rinsing out the color but before shampooing.  It left my hair very smooth but that is in the salon.

There is a at-home Olaplex product I purchased, the No. 6 Bond Smoother which is supposed to be very good but I have not tried it yet.  I think it also depends on how you blow dry your hair and I can never do as good a job as the professionals do.

Honored Contributor

@naturalfan wrote:

Has anyone tried the Olaplex product line?  There is a treatment my stylist mixes in with the color product and a treatment used after rinsing out the color but before shampooing.  It left my hair very smooth but that is in the salon.

There is a at-home Olaplex product I purchased, the No. 6 Bond Smoother which is supposed to be very good but I have not tried it yet.  I think it also depends on how you blow dry your hair and I can never do as good a job as the professionals do.

@naturalfan   Yes, I have tried a sample of that. You have to go easy on the amount you use especially if your hair is thin and/or fine. It can easily weigh it down. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

there was a sample of this in Allure? , I tried it yesterday and am going to buy a tube, it's cheap might work for you @CalminHeart   mixes with shampoo 

Respected Contributor

I've been using Olaplex. It took about four uses to help control the frizz. I shampoo my hair first with a "10" shampoo. Then the Olaplex for about half an hour; then I wash that out with Beekman apple cider vinegar shampoo.

This is NOT apple cider vinegar; it is a shampoo.

Certain posters thought I was stupid because they thought I was buying apple cider vinegar.

I washed my hair Mo. nite and did have to do a few swipes with a flatiron. It's been raining here for days and my hair is not frizzy. I have dry porous hair. I've had it since I was sixteen so now at seventy five my grey colored hair is even more porous.

Fun story. Years ago I was sitting outside on a ninety degree super humid day. My friend brought her four year old grandson to visit. I notice he's VERRY quiet and is staring at me. "Auntie, your hair is growing. How do you do that?" I told him it was a secret magic trick and when he got older I'd teach him how to do it.

Esteemed Contributor

Another "frizz sister" here! I started getting the frizzies after menopause, but it's only on half of my head. The left side is frizz-free and straight - the right side is extremely frizzy. When it's humid (all summer) the left side is flat and the right side is nothing but frizz....not a fun situation! My latest search brought me to Tweak'd here on the Q, with shampoo, conditioner and the balm for the ends of the hair. It hasn't really worked.

I've decided that using my blow dryer without a diffuser might not be helping the situation either, and I'm ready to invest in a moderately priced blow dryer with diffuser to see if that makes any difference....suggestions or recommendations are welcome. My stylist does a great blow-out and I end up with no frizz, but I'm absolutely a klutz when it comes to drying my hair and brushing it out at the same time.