Respected Contributor

Re: Is there an anti-frizz shampoo or conditioner that really works?

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch   @Witchy Woman   I found a video of them using it on curly hair.... both with a diffuser and air drying.  They have other products as well.  Very tempting.  I'll probably wait a bit, though.  I'm making a move from a humid climate to a dry one.  I'm going to wait until I get there to try to figure out what skin and hair products will work.  But this line of products is now on my radar.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

What's the natural texture of your hair?  Is it very curly?  Wavy?  That's where you begin, you choose products that work with your hair type.  You find a good hairstylist, one who understands how to assess and care for hair and can recommend the appropriate products.  

Trusted Contributor

Another vote for Color Wow Dreamcoat. Use it just like @JeanLouiseFinch said. I have curly/wavy hair and where before I would either have to curl it or flat iron it depending on the look I want; I can now blow it dry with a brush and leave it as is if I feel like it, which I could never do before. Told my SIL who has very curly hair about it and she likes it too. I don't have to saturate. I just use it on sections like the instructions say.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

I have tried almost every product suggested here. Nothing worked for me. I get a keratin straightening which lasts  about 4 months. It is expensive (where I go), but in the end I  probably save money because I stopped trying all these products. All I do is wash my hair with a sulfate free and sodium chloride free shampoo and I am done. My hair is very shiny and very manageable.

Honored Contributor

Ulta has a 20% off coupon on one product on their site too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 

Have you noticed any damage from the Keratin treatment?

I've had my hair smoothed for several years, and I don't see any damage.  However, I thought I'd give it a break for the summer, but I find myself longing for that easy care I got with the smoothing treatment!

I've giving the Color Wow product a go and hoping it works enough to keep the frizz at bay.

Honored Contributor

My hair is fine, mostly straight, and somewhat fragile. I never had frizz or even a bit of wave until after menopause.  I don't blow dry unless I'm going somewhere soon after washing.  But I do touch up the bottom 2 inches with a flat iron if needed - I keep the temperature very low.  

I had a 20% off coupon at Ulta so bought Redken Naturals Soft shampoo. I've been using the Frizz Dismiss conditioner and the new version of Redken Frizz Dismiss that has a mild conditioner, frizz protection, and heat protection.  I also use a heavy duty conditioner I use once a week.

I'll try the Living Proof, as suggested, as soon as I use up the Redken, which will be soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman  - I have gotten Keratin treatments for years during the summer months and never had a problem with breakage or anything else.

My hair is quite long now and the treatments are $$ where I go, so I have let my hair dry natural - wavy, curls and all, lol.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy WomanI have been doing the keratin straightening for many years. I only do it once a year. My hair is extremely shiny and easy to care for for about 4 months. No change in my hair, no damage. I tried the WOW the second it came out. I thought it would be the answer to my problems. It did nothing, except take out some body in my hair.

Super Contributor

Shea Moisture coconut and hibiscus moisture spray.

I’ve tried everything and this works the best. Spray on wet hair and let curls dry naturally. I