Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is there an anti-frizz shampoo or conditioner that really works?

@jackthebear 

I don't think the Pravana product is a "keratin" product.  At least the stylist has not said it was.  I think I looked it up once and it wasn't mentioned.

However, it does "straighten" my hair.  As it grows out, the curls/frizz return.  It lasts several months.  I can wash my hair, let it partially dry, and use my spin brush to get a perfect, smooth look.

It seems not to have damaged my hair as the old straighteners of past.  But, I questioned doing it for the rest of my days and decided to give the curls a try again.

It's a tough go.  I got used to a smooth, sophisticated look.  Now, I just see an old lady with unruly hair Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Brazilian blowout is the only thing that has worked for me it is the current genre on Keratin type products

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I have same kind of hair.  I use Redkin Soft shampoo and conditioner..It works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

This is the only product I have never heard of.

Thanks for mentioning it...I'm going to give it a try.

Hope springs eternal!

Respected Contributor

I have these same issues at 73, fine wavy hair that has a frizzy life of its own in humid weather. 

In desperation this week I picked up some Frederick Fekkai Glossing Shampoo at Walgreen's and wow, it has made a world of difference immediately and after several uses. 

My hair is shiny but not greasy or flat, and has volume and life, looks amazing.  I am not using a styling tool, just blow drying it with my usual products and it is so much better than it had been for months.

The week before I tried to buy Redken So Soft at Walgreen's and the register wouldn't let me buy it, and the manager came and took it off the shelves.  Hmmmm.....so I got the Fekkai and it is great.

I did see the Redken at Ulta yesterday so don't know why Walgreen's wouldn't sell it.

I've also found I need to rotate products, not use the same ones all the time.  

Honored Contributor

After spending some time last year by the beach in Florida, I was determined to tame the frizz once & for all!  I spoke with my stylist and she suggested a Keratin treatment.  It's expensive but lasts 3-4 months...good for a season.  

So far I've gotten 2 Keratin treatments and no more frizz!  I always have smooth straight hair no matter what the weather is like.

Regular Contributor

Aveda Smooth Infusion - Style Prep Smoother

Aveda Confixor Liquid Gel

I mix both of these together and apply to towel-dried hair. I have coarse, very thick hair. Results are excellent. 

Honored Contributor

I have the frizzy hair and also very fine hair...the best I can do is wash only the roots and use lots of conditioner on the ends.i don’t rinse the conditioner thoroughly out.I then wrap in a towel for about ten minutes before applying styl8ng cream mixed with a few drops of argon oil to the crown on down to roots.Blowdry and flatiron after that.Never have beautiful hair but at least it’s acceptable.....our leader has bad hair and lots of money to make it great but no sucesss.I figure we are not ever going to have fabulous tresses so we should just learn to accept it.I have the worst time with my hair in Oklahoma when I visit my son and his wife...I look like I put my finger in a socket. 

Esteemed Contributor

Found several products that help contain my hair.

Curl Mix shampoo, Conditioner and Avocado moisturizer and if you have waves or curls they have a flax seed gel for extra hold

LUS Shampoo, Conditioner, All in One repair and hydrate.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

What worked for my curly hair was Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Defrizzing shampoo and conditioner.