Honored Contributor

Is there a sub for Paula's clinical strength retinol?

[ Edited ]

I was using this with good results until it ran out.  I had worked past all the peeling and flaking.  Why didn't I re-buy it?  Because it seems so "heavy and gunky" but not really greasy.  I just didn't like the feel even using it just before I went to bed.  Is there a thinner product, like Peter Thomas Roth for example, THAT WORKS AS WELL or am I just fooling myself? 

Super Contributor

Re: Is there a sub for Paula's clinical strength retinol?

[ Edited ]

Skinactives has one that is not greasy at all.

Called Vitamin A Serum

PS:   Have ever tried to put a link here, so hope it works and I don't get banned. Man Embarassed

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Respected Contributor

@depglass .... I haven't tried retinol products yet, but I just ordered Isomers Super Serum Night Formula.  It has a "unique retinol alternative", and is supposed to be very gentle for the skin, yet effective.  It's been a weekend special on Evine.  I just checked, and it's still at $70 .... $80 with S/H .... for 4 ounces.  I've had good success with other Isomers products, including their regular Super Serum.  This one is a new product, and it's worth a try for  me.  You might want to look into it.

Respected Contributor

@Tabbycat ..... You might want to remove the link.... your post will be deleted,

Super Contributor

@ItsME... thanks for the heads up. 

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Honored Contributor

When I was using the PC 1% retinol, I mixed it with a moisturizer half-and-half and that seemed to make it feel less heavy.  It also made it easier to spread all over my face and neck.

Honored Contributor

I've been using Mad Hippie Vitamin A Serum for several months and like it as part of my overall routine.  It has s a thin consistency, more liquidy than oily.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass...I use BOTH lines and prefer PTR’s Retinol over PC’s. It’s lighter weight and is more gentle on my sensitive skin, plus I can use it on other ares of the body (I like to put it on the back of my hands). I will no longer use PC’s retinol.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.