Trusted Contributor

Re: Is there a replacement for Mally's Evercolor shadow in Twilight?

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Stargazer77 wrote:

I'm also a Mally shadow stick lover and went through a whole swatching thing one day at the mall.  I looked pretty funny walking around with the backs of my hands covered in different colors.  Smiley Wink  I can't really remember what my findings were...I was trying to find a dupe for Taupe, which was pretty impossible.

I'm pretty sure I found a good dupe for Twilight in the Kiko brand.  They have very nice shadow sticks in a wide variety of colors.  I'm lucky that one of my malls has a store where I could swatch in person. I want to say the matching color was #38 Golden Taupe.  The sticks are 12 dollars each, which I thought was reasonable.  A few of the Kiko colors were almost exact matches for some of Mally's sticks.

Thank you.  Do they last as long as the Mally evercolor sticks?

@Valstybaby  On me they do, but I haven't had issues with Mally's new shadow sticks, unlike some of the ladies on this board.  I have to use a shadow primer with all the sticks, though.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Esteemed Contributor

Another vote here for the Kiko Milano brand of eye shadow sticks.  The one I have is almost a perfect dupe for Mally's Twilight or Taupe - I don't know the name of the color, but the tube has a "25" on it.  Lasts all day long on me and my oily eyelids.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@tototwo  I have that 25 color, too.  It's called Light Taupe.  For me, it wasn't a dupe for Mally's Taupe (which is what I was searching for) or for Twilight.  It was lighter than both of those colors.  Which is why I chose to buy it...because I didn't have that sort of color.  Smiley Wink

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Where do you buy kiko Milano? Looked all,over the internet and cannot find any or any brick and mortar stores.

Esteemed Contributor

@Valstybaby~ kikocosmetics dot com

I know their "taupe" color is not a perfect dupe for Mally's, but it's close enough for me.  It's a taupey neutral that looks good on me - better than anything else I could find so far.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@Valstybaby~ kikocosmetics dot com

I know their "taupe" color is not a perfect dupe for Mally's, but it's close enough for me.  It's a taupey neutral that looks good on me - better than anything else I could find so far.

Thank you. I had tried that but was away in a hotel and couldn't pull it up on my iPad. I finally got through and ordered. I also ordered some Mally from eBay.

Thank you.