Respected Contributor

Is there a high spf zinc oxide without the white..

I prefer a sunscreen for face that has a high zinc oxide, over 10%. I tried Shiseido in the cream spf 50, has 19% zinc oxide, and stays on like white paste, ugly. I use and LOVE Skinmedica Total Defense spf 50, that has 10%...these are broad spectrum.
I'm having trouble finding the Skinmedica with expiration dates that aren't about to expire. I'm seeing exp. 2019. I probably could check my derms office, but that's full price $68.
So wondering if any here use a sunscreen (face) with a high zinc oxide...that doesn't leave you white. Reviews on Cerave and Neutrogena say it stays chalky white...anything else?? Appreciate suggestions!!
Super Contributor

Re: Is there a high spf zinc oxide without the white..

Beekman primer spf 35 has 13% zinc oxide. Absolutely no white cast.

New Contributor

Andrew Lessman just came out with one (look on HSN.com)

Respected Contributor

Colorescience makes a product called Sunforgettable.  It's a mineral sunscreen that is SFP50.  It is loaded in a tube with a brush on the end, you apply it like you would face powder. It comes in 4 shades.  It is 22.5% Titanium dioxide and 22.5% Zinc Oxide.  I use it and it works very well.  It doesn't mess up your makeup or look cakey and is great for reapplying when you're out all day in the sun.  Downside, it's pricey and I don't know if you are against the Titanium Dioxide either.  They do sell refills that are cheaper than buying the whole thing new.  There is no white cast, it is like a translucent powder.

Respected Contributor

My favorite is Elta MD SPF 40. It runs about $25-$30. It leaves absolutely no white cast. You can get it on Amazon.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

My favorite is Elta MD SPF 40. It runs about $25-$30. It leaves absolutely no white cast. You can get it on Amazon.

Would you happen to know if theres an expiration date?

I just looked at it on Amazon.   Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@KatieD wrote:

Thanks...I just watched the video...sounds good.  As soon as I get home I'll check the label on ingredients. 

Respected Contributor

I use Cotz Sensitive.  It is white, but that disappears quickly.  (The only caveat here is that I have a very fair complexion!  Still, I don't notice any white cast from the sunscreen.)  Nice product, with a good price.  I do love Elta Md physical block, but that is too dark for me, and the price has gotten too high.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin  I don't have it on me, but I can check later for you. My guess would be that there is an expiration date for all sunscreens.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin wrote:

@KatieD wrote:

Thanks...I just watched the video...sounds good.  As soon as I get home I'll check the label on ingredients. 

@Dazlin Highly recommend his sunscreen. Been wearing it this week. Love it. I gave a short review about it in another thread (dimethicone free sunscreen) just yesterday. First sunscreen I can wear.