Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 131
Registered: ‎04-10-2010
I ordered the recent OTO with the Wen mousse and volumizing spray. I ordered Pomegranate but they sent me Sweet Almond Mint. I have very fine, thinning hair. Is there a big enough difference between the 2 scents to go to the trouble of returning it? I did pay for it and should receive what I ordered but it is a hassle if there's really only a fragrance difference. I looked at the ingredients which didn't seem very different to me. I don't use SAM for cleansing as it seems a little too heavy for my hair type. Is there anyone that has used both or has a better understanding of the differences in these products? Thanks so much!
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,506
Registered: ‎04-15-2012

I have used both. I think they basically perform the same. The only key difference between the two would of course be the scent and if you needed a product that was gluten-free then you would absolutely need the Pomegranate Mousse.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,041
Registered: ‎08-30-2013

I haven't used the Pomegranate mousse or Volumizing Treatment Spray, simply because I don't care care for the scent of the POM products; so I can't directly compare them to the Sweet Almond Mint products. I think any differences would be slight, it's mostly a matter of fragrance preference. Although, most (but not all) of the POM products are nut free.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,506
Registered: ‎04-15-2012

Yes I should edit that because I just checked on ingredients- there are no wheat products in the SAM Mousse it is nut-free like Doxie Momma said. The POM Re-moist is not nut-free because it has aloe vera which is derived from nuts.

Sorry for the confusion...

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,952
Registered: ‎03-26-2010
On 12/14/2014 untitled said:

Yes I should edit that because I just checked on ingredients- there are no wheat products in the SAM Mousse it is nut-free like Doxie Momma said. The POM Re-moist is not nut-free because it has aloe vera which is derived from nuts.

Sorry for the confusion...

How is aloe vera derived from nuts? It's a green plant. My fourth grade teacher used to keep one on her desk. If a kid got a minor scrape or something, she would break off a piece of the plant and put some of the juice on the scrape, then send the kid back to his/her desk.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,506
Registered: ‎04-15-2012
On 12/14/2014 aprimo said:
On 12/14/2014 untitled said:

Yes I should edit that because I just checked on ingredients- there are no wheat products in the SAM Mousse it is nut-free like Doxie Momma said. The POM Re-moist is not nut-free because it has aloe vera which is derived from nuts.

Sorry for the confusion...

How is aloe vera derived from nuts? It's a green plant. My fourth grade teacher used to keep one on her desk. If a kid got a minor scrape or something, she would break off a piece of the plant and put some of the juice on the scrape, then send the kid back to his/her desk.

okay- nevermind me today...

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,952
Registered: ‎03-26-2010
On 12/14/2014 untitled said:
On 12/14/2014 aprimo said:
On 12/14/2014 untitled said:

Yes I should edit that because I just checked on ingredients- there are no wheat products in the SAM Mousse it is nut-free like Doxie Momma said. The POM Re-moist is not nut-free because it has aloe vera which is derived from nuts.

Sorry for the confusion...

How is aloe vera derived from nuts? It's a green plant. My fourth grade teacher used to keep one on her desk. If a kid got a minor scrape or something, she would break off a piece of the plant and put some of the juice on the scrape, then send the kid back to his/her desk.

okay- nevermind me today...

BTW, I wasn't trying to be snarky. I'm no expert on plants. I thought maybe there was some aloe nut I was not aware of, or some way the cosmetics industry was making fake aloe vera from some nut derivative. But it is a green plant and I assume that's where the aloe vera in cosmetics comes from... but I could be wrong.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 131
Registered: ‎04-10-2010
Thanks for the responses. I guess I can try it and send it back if it doesn't work for me.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,719
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I find SAM to be the lightest of the CCs. And the easiest to rinse out. I like POM too - it's a little more moisturizing. I love the scent - more like apples. Other than the 613 I haven't found much difference in the different styling products. I really like them all.