Not applicable

Is there a concealer out there that really works for real dark circles?

I've tried every concealer ever made and nothing puts a dent in my dark circles! I've had them all my life. Now that I'm older, they are so much worse. I'm miserable. That's all that's noticable on my face. (Then again that might be a good thing.) When I see the make-up models getting "those horrible dark marks" being miraculously covered I want to scream. They wouldn't know a dark circle unless they saw mine!

I always watch & buy from Mally and Laura Gellar (amoungst others). But even theirs aren't up to the challenge.

I would love to challenge anyone who dares, to cover my imperfections. Maybe, with their talents, they could even make me look a little attractive.

Thank you for listening,

Jeannie

Contributor

Re: Is there a concealer out there that really works for real dark circles?

I too have very dark circles. Only Laura Gellar Creaseless Concealer has worked for me. It Cosmetics Bye, Bye Undereye runs a close second.
Contributor

I also found out by mistake in fact to go a shade darker when purchasing. I had been buying fair/light. By mistake I bought medium and it covered so much better. It makes sense since you are covering a dark circle. Now, I will only purchase medium shades to cover dark circles.
Regular Contributor

Jane Iredale available in Dermatologist office.
Super Contributor

Before concealer you first need to counteract the blue with a salmon/peach shade. Luckily that is one problem I don't have but a friend had a terrible time until she started using a corrector (Bobbi brown and Laura Mercier both have them).
Valued Contributor

Cle de Peu is fantastic.

Super Contributor

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, with Gogi Berries-Good for eye, good price and works. I'm in my 60's.

Trusted Contributor

I, too, have very dark circles, like dark bruises around my eyes. I've tried the Senna concealor but the IT Bye Bye Undereye concealor is more concentrated and covers better for me. I use a tiny bit of the IT concealor, the size of a head of pin (really), squeeze on a bit onto the tip of one pointer finger and spread out with the other pointer finger and then apply the thin layer under each eye. I have to use a dash of powder to set the concealor otherwise it tends to crease in my undereye wrinkles.

The IT concealor still does not completely cover the darkness but makes it less noticeable. If I try to completely cover the darkness, the concealor just cakes and creases into a mess. The color correctors to be used under a concealor never worked for me.

Occasional Contributor

I HIGHLY rec Bobbi Brown's Corrector. It really really works when used under any concealor!

Esteemed Contributor

Dark circles are different than using concealer for other problems. I posted on another thread and I will copy and paste to here what I put in the other thread.

I think the best thing for dark circles is to NOT use a heavy concealer. In my experience heavy concealer actually makes them worse and more pronounced. When you use a thinner consistency concealer you do not get the cakiness and cakiness can actually make dark circles appear worse.

Many makeup artists use a peach colored concealer because peach/orange is opposite of blue on the color wheel so it cancels it out. Bobbi Brown makes a peach corrector. I also think when working with concealers it is important to "warm" the product up. On the back of your hand dip your ring finger into the corrector and then tap tap tap onto the back of your hand. This warms up the product and thins it out giving it a better consistency to go on your eye now. Do not wipe or slide, use a tapping motion. Start with the smallest amount possible and then do a slight building by using the tapping motion. Eve Pearl also makes a corrector. It is called Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer I think. It is very similar to Bobbi's correcter. Maybe a little more opaque. You can get Eve Pearl on Amazon, Ebay or Eve Pearl.com. You then choose your shading. You may want to check out Bobbi Browns first because you can actually see it there and play with it and have a SA help you out with it.

Another good one isn't a concealer at all but a highlighter, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. Many people have good luck with this whether used alone or with (lightly) your concealer or corrector. It brings light to the face, it is thin and not too thick so it isn't cakey, attracting more attention to that area.

Another very good one is Makeup Forever 5 Camouflage Cream Palette. You can find this at Sephora or their website. It is 5 different tones and they do have a peachy one. MUF is a bit thinner in consistency than BB or Eve Pearl. Again, use the back of your hand to warm it up and thin it out a bit by tapping before you start tapping on your eye area. You can actually see this product at Sephora before buying and try it out and see how you like it. The nice thing about this is that there are an additional 4 other concealers so you can mix to your tone.

For something like looking for the best concealer for you dark circles, it is good to check out all the makeup counters and just dig in and try different things until you find something you like. Let the SA know what you are looking for and then she can point you in the right direction.

Anyway, hope this helps! Good luck!

Here is the site for Eve Pearle

http://www.evepearl.com/products/concealers-salmon/

and Makeup Forever

http://www.sephora.com/5-camouflage-cream-palette-P12630

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK