Regular Contributor

Re: Is there a bronzer that will give the effect of having a tan.

I have tried a ton of them! The key for me is the matte finish, as my family always comments on the sparkles in the sun. I use the Dr. Gross glow wipes and use Physicians Formula Solar Power Light Bronzer with SPF 20. Not sure if that is still the name, but there are three sections in the round container, a lighter bronzer, a darker bronzer and a small half sun looking section with just the tiniest bit of sheen. I bought two, a few years ago and they are still going strong (and cost effective)! I'm pretty pale with red hair, and they give me no orange tint whatsoever!
Contributor

I really like Bobbi Brown's bronzers. No orange at all!

Trusted Contributor

I like Doris Dalton's..because it has just a tiny hint of red that looks like you have been in the sun. It's not to much red though.

Another vote for "It's" loose matte bronzer.....and I also use Laura Geller's Tahitian Glow on my neck and chest, I lightly press it on over my neck and chest after it has been well moisturized but not greasy.

I bought BE's new Ready "First Resort".. but have not used it enough to give a good opinion, except for the middle shimmer line as eye shadow.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Trusted Contributor

I purchased a facial sunscreen that has a self tanner in it.

Regular Contributor

I get a natural look from Tarte's Park Avenue Princess bronzer and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer (the lighter one). They're both matte.

Super Contributor

Bobbi Brown Bronzer, also I could use Bare Minerals warmth as a bronzer too. NYX isn't bad either.

Super Contributor

*raises hand*

Little Daisy, I too am fair/light skinned with cool undertones. I have to be careful because many bronzers look muddy on me - can't have any yellow tone or be too dark.

My best purchase was Urban Decay Naked Flushed. It has 3 parts: a matte bronzer, pink blush, and a luminizer. You can use just one part or swirl 2 or 3 colors together. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I bought it to replace my IT Cosmetics Vitality Disc, which was divided along the same concept. Loved it until, oops, my clumsy fingers dropped it to smithereens. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Another compact I use is LG Bronze & Brighten in fair - a swirl of matte brown, pink & a luminizer/highlighter. I buff this over a CC cream for a quick run out of the house.

I've read many posters recommend PC Matte Bronzer - a large compact with 2 shades of bronzer; no sparkles. But I haven't used it myself.

Contributor

Ok so this is not for a bronzer although I do like tf chocolate soleil and it cosmetics, this for a good face self tanner to try. I just started using Clarins glow drops which you add add to your own facial moisturizer- just gives a little glow/color enough that I can wear a light/ med fdn instead of fair. This has had no streaking or muddiness- something to try! Also you can control the color with how many drops you add it has been great for my face and neck, my neck is usually super pale. PS paulas choice just came out with a similar product this week on her website for about 1/2 the price but obviously it's new and I haven't tried it.
Respected Contributor

Here's a case where expensive doesn't equal quality. Elf has an award winning loose bronzing powder. First hand I can tell you it's lovely. However, not sure it would work for super fair skin. Instead I'd shell out the money for one of Bobbi Brown's bronzing powders.

Respected Contributor

On 5/9/2014 deja vu said:

I like Doris Dalton's..because it has just a tiny hint of red that looks like you have been in the sun. It's not to much red though.

Another vote for "It's" loose matte bronzer.....and I also use Laura Geller's Tahitian Glow on my neck and chest, I lightly press it on over my neck and chest after it has been well moisturized but not greasy.

I bought BE's new Ready "First Resort".. but have not used it enough to give a good opinion, except for the middle shimmer line as eye shadow.

Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess also has that touch of red so it never comes off orange and mimics a more natural tan. Beware, this one has some finely milled sparkle. It doesn't show up on me in natural sunlight- that I can detect anyway.