Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a Doll10 TSV coming up soon>?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This is an easy pass for me.  I received a full size of that mascara in a host favorites kit I ordered.  It was underwhelming to say the least.  In fact, I'm probably going to toss it.

On top of that, the foundation contains fragrance.  Thumbs down.

I didn't care for the mascara either.  I also had tried a set of 3 of her lip glosses (not sure if that was the exact name).  They were a return.  Therefore, not interested in this TSV.

Respected Contributor

I would like to try the TSV.  It sounds like a good value and I could use all the products.  A fragranced foundation isn't a problem for me I just don't know what color to get.   I am a light/medium so am stuck on which shade to order.  

Honored Contributor

Finally, a TSV that is reasonably priced.  You get a chance to try her products out.  At this time I don't need anything so I am passing.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Finally, a TSV that is reasonably priced.  You get a chance to try her products out.  At this time I don't need anything so I am passing.  Cat Very Happy

Agree with @Katcat1.  Finally, a beauty TSV that is not $70 plus like usual.  

I did watch some YouTube reviews that said that the hydrogel foundation is really good for dry and normal skin and not so good for oily skin, which I have.  So, I'll pass on this TSV. But it looks great for those of you who have dry/normal skin.

Respected Contributor

@PinkyPetunia, I would say go with the medium: I have light-medium skin tones. On one of my orders, I got the light and it washed me out. I didn't send it back: it's great for reverse contouring.

I am a makeup addict and have all kinds of foundations -They all have different uses depending on all kinds of factors, but I love Hydrogel Foundation-and that brush is delicious! 

I have many Doll10 products and I use them. Even though I really don't need more makeup and swore no more purchases, this is TOO good to pass up!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Poodlepet2.  Thanks for the post about the shades of foundation.   I will get the medium.

Respected Contributor

When she had her last TSV, I liked the mascara best of what was in the kit!  The hydrogel foundation was ok, but not great on me -- just didn't have that smooth flawless look like it does on air.  I tried different primers, used less/more, applied with brush/fingers.  I still have it, so might give it another try. 

One thing I will say is that it runs very light.  I'm a light (sometimes even a fair in some foundations) and the light was still too light for me -- not sure how Doris and some of those models wear it on air as they don't look lighter than me.  She did say you can use bronzer over it so perhaps I'll try that and see if the color is better.  Or I suppose I could try this TSV in medium and mix and see how that goes, but probably not going to invest more in this foundation.

Respected Contributor

I ordered this and then cancelled after reading that the foundation runs light and already have a Josie Maran and an old Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation in TSVs that were like white paste on me.  I threw them out today, and it reminded me to never order a foundation unless they show the actual product swatched on someone's hand or arm!  Or if I know the brand and have tried it and can choose a shade based on experience.

At least if I could SEE the product, not a photo of a model, and combined with the photo of the model I could make a more informed decision.

Also, fragrance is a no go for me.  Sure would have liked to try it as it is a super price and looked very nice on the models, but just can't take the chance as I am very very tired of returning things that "looked different on tv."

Honored Contributor

I'm going to try it out.  When they first aired it at midnight I wasn't interested.  But, later in the day I liked how natural the foundation looked on the models' skin.  I generally only want foundation to even out skin tone, not cover, so I hope it won't be too heavy.  I usually order Light, but I went with medium since I kept seeing that it ran light and what I currently use in Light is just a tad lighter than I would like.  So, if nothing else, if it's too dark I might could use it to warm up my current foundation.  I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't appear to have SPF, but I guess that makes it more photo friendly.  I won't be wearing it out in the sun anyways since the days I'm generally out in the sun I would use BB cream instead.  

Funny how different the lip color looks on different skin tones.  The black lady it almost looked like there was no color there at all.  But, on the blonde it's a very pretty pink.  I'm hoping it's more like the color on the blonde on me.  I recently got the IT TSV and the Je ne Sais Quoi lippie is basically a lip balm on me.  Lip colors are the hardest for me to buy.  I also recently got the Doll 10 Lip Velvet quad and can only wear one of them even though they all looked so pretty on TV.  

Something that really bugs me on makeup demos is the continual re-application of the products.  It's not just these products; they do it on all the demos.  Makes me think the products aren't very long-wearing if they have to keep re-applying.  Especially the lippies.  I always feel like they use too much foundation in the demos.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess, this is truly a great value. When you get it, once the pump is primed to dispense, don't use a full pump: from the way you use foundation, a full pump would be too much.

I always have a small bottle of water on hand for misting and using a brush to distribute rhe product more evenly. Or, you can certainly moisten the brush and buff.

I hope you enjoy it!

Poodlepet2