Honored Contributor

Re: Is the IT CC Cream All That??

It's pretty good. To me, the coverage could be a tad better, but then it might be too heavy. If used with a concealer, it works pretty well.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

It is great stuff if you like rubbing snail poop on your face. Check the ingredients.

Super Contributor

I love it. It covers well and medium is nice for me. I'm glad I have the uber and I rarely say that.
Super Contributor

This stuff is amazing! This is all I wear now but pump out about three pumps and blend well. First foundation I love and has 50 SPF!!! Always wear it now. Set with it illuminizibg powder. I am in. Y mid 50's wish it was around in my 20's
Contributor

I use the light shade and really like it. I do have to use a primer before applying, otherwise it settles in to the pores on my nose and chin. With the light shade I do have to layer to cover up redness. Medium gives much more coverage but is not a good match for my skin. As long as I use a primer first I really like the finish this gives. I do set it also with just a dusting of her Illumination Foundation.
Trusted Contributor

How does this compare to Dr D's spf30 daycream? I have been using that product for years as a foundation but I find as I age and my hyperpigmentation increases, that it is not enough coverage. Also - does the CC Cream transfer to your clothes? Now that it is winter and we are wearing more things around our necks, (scarves, jackets, etc) I hate when my clothes get this "ring around the collar"! I have ruined a beautiful suede jacket because of makeup on the collar that doesn't come off, no matter what cleaners do.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone! Looks like it's a winner for most of you. I think I'm convinced. That giant size would probably last me over a year (I don't wear foundation very often).

Snail poop??? Really? Can you imagine the number of snails they'd have to corral to fill that gigantic tube?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

On 11/4/2014 Sassy Pants said:

It is great stuff if you like rubbing snail poop on your face. Check the ingredients.

I looked into this..I actually feel pretty darn good about having Snail Secretion Filtrate as an active ingredient after reading this:

http://www.newdirections.com.au/articles/article.php?aid=88

Plus..I think a lot of cutting-edge Korean beauty products have been using this for a while?

Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 MandySays said:
On 11/4/2014 Sassy Pants said:

I looked into this..I actually feel pretty darn good about having Snail Secretion Filtrate as an active ingredient after reading this:

http://www.newdirections.com.au/articles/article.php?aid=88

Plus..I think a lot of cutting-edge Korean beauty products have been using this for a while?

You're right, Mandy. The Korean skincare companies seem to be the leaders in the fields and Snail Secretion Filtrate is a beneficial ingredient. And, to be correct, it's not poop!

Valued Contributor

On 11/4/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 11/4/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

I've tried it, and it is good, not great. It does not cover my discolored cheeks, but I do like the way it covers the rest of my (normal colored) face. I don't think anything in creation will cover my cheeks . . .

Gosh Peaches... the Vendor checks are really red and she seems to cover them on the demonstrations... Maybe you need to layer more?

I have mild redness on my cheeks, and it covers it quite well--sometimes I have to add a little more--that's all. Also, I am between Fair and Light in my skin tone, and I find the Light works very well for me. I also have a little discoloration on my neck, and sometimes I use this, and sometimes I cover it with the Illumination Foundation. That formula works quite well on my neck, but I don't like it on my face. I also use the Light in that.