Honored Contributor

Re: Is it possible to rinse your face too much when cleansing?

[ Edited ]

Years ago, when I used Laszlo: apply face oil first, then the black cleansing bar, then rinse 30 times with warm (not hot water).  I enjoyed this routine....if your like the procedure but not the cost....substitute TJoe's facial oil and African Black soap w/shea butter.. 

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 Put a tiny drop of cleanser on the back of your hand. Rinse & see how quickly it rinses off.

That should help you get perspective on how much you need to rinse your face.

I don't think you need to worry about over rinsing your face, but you are probably done when your clothes & bathroom are also wet! LOL

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Well, I can't see anything wrong with rinsing for so long as long as the water isn't too HOT or too cold.  The cold part, I don't know about.  I've read and watched videos about rinsing with COLD water and it's not advised.  I use warm, tepid and COLD water depending on the time of year.  HOT water can do terrible things to your face.  But I can't see the harm in enjoying an extended rinsing time Smiley Happy  Does your face feel tight aferwards?  If it does it's most likely the cleanser you've used.  You don't want a tight or squeaky clean feeling.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1    I rinse with my facial sponge then I wipe my face dry and use my Vanilla Milk Toner by Kylie Skin.  It has a wonderful scent but light and will take up any traces of makeup or soap.  It also makes pores look better.  Nordstrom carries Kylie Skin now so free shpg.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

We have soft water.  Everywhere we've ever traveled has had hard water.  Your body feels dry and it leaves a film of soap and oils on top of the water and around the sides of the tub.  Don't like it!  

Honored Contributor

Today a lot of toners are more like essences.  More hydrating.  And sometimes the terms are interchangeable.  Just make sure your toner doesn't have alcohol.  Google ingredients to look for in an essence.  I use Missha's essence.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

African Black Soap!  I used that over 20 years ago before I knew better.  That stuff stripped my face of any oils, annihilating any resemblance of a skin barrier Smiley Sad  But hey, if it works for you...just be careful.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

but you are probably done when your clothes & bathroom are also wet! 

This is the reason I wash my face over the tub.  I've been doing it for probably 20 years.  I thought having an oversized bathroom sink would eliminate all that but it didn't.  So I just bend over the tub and rinse my facial oil off with a wet washcloth, use my cleanser and rice polish.  No drippy messes Smiley Happy  And to the OP, sometimes I'm in the mood to just rinse and rinse and rinse.  Of course after awhile I'm not rinsing, I'm simply enjoying the feel of the water on my face Smiley Happy  It's usually cool water.  

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

I use warm water at first and then kind of cool.  I get started rinsing and I don't know when to stop!  My skin isn't very good with the rosacea and all and it's a constant battle.  I figure I can at least keep it clean if nothing else! Woman Wink

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee 

I think I do most of these things.  Just guilty of the rinsing and rinsing.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin