QVC Customer Care

Re: Is it me or is Evine's adult toys a turnoff for a

Honored Contributor

I didn't even know they sold this type of thing, but my husband told me about one day, he said I got up couldn't sleep, and went downstairs and turned on tv, and was just channel surfing and lo and behold Evine has a late night show, and of course he watched it.

I was kind of surprised that they would have this type of show, but I am never up that late to watch anyway.

Respected Contributor

It must be you. Different strokes for different folks and all that. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

They are products that millions of people use so why would I be offended?  I think it's a good thing that those who want those items can now buy them from a trusted retailer from the privacy of their own homes.  There's nothing wrong, shameful or embarrassing about them.  I have only one small objection.  I thought they only did those shows after hours but one morning I turned the tv on and there was repeat show on at 6am.  It did concern me that kid might be up channel surfing.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

reputable company ? I go to search new beauty and these come up. I just think there other sites for these kind of needs. Am i wrong in my thinking ?

@MW in IowaYes. I think it is  you... and you are wrong in your thinking.  Just do not watch it.

Why do you feel you must have it on if it bothers you so... turn to another show or to QVC.

There is nothing being said or shown that is against regulations.   No different than hours of  over priced  ugly Douney and B. hand bags for hours and hours....     I just do not watch.  Many people like these hand bags... and many people enjoy adult toys... because you do not  want to watch adult toys being sold  is not reason to stop others from enjoying watching.

In this day and age, we are hearing someone is "wrong in your thinking" about this?  Do we not have freedom of opinion any more?  Must the PC police vet our every thought?  To me, to tell someone they are "wrong in their thinking" about something like that just means you are wrong to disagree with me.  And that's not fine at all with what our country is supposed to be. 

It's about toys on a shopping channel.  There is no right or wrong way TO think. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is it me or is Evine's adult toys a turnoff for at

If Evine After Dark is not your thing, you can buy the same products they offer on Zulily.  I saw them yesterday while browsing.

I know Amazon offers this adult stuff and more, much much more too.

It's no big deal.

Honored Contributor

It does not bother me. Some people like it some don't. Nothing wrong with buying this stuff on TV. Some don't want to go in stores to buy. When you order in the mail it comes in a plain box. People don't know you are ordering sex toys. LOL!!! Guess that would make for some conversation.

Evine does it after midnight. If people don't like it they don't have to watch.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:
The male host that wrote Hurricane of Love could host the show had he not retired. His name has slipped my mind.

You think Dan Wheeler (who wrote Hurricane Of Love about losing his wife, Beth, to cancer & is quite religious) should host a show about adult toys?   Why??

@aubnwa01, it was a joke in reponse to a poster who asked who should be the host (see Post #27). She picked an unlikely choice, just as another poster picked Mary Beth Roe. No harm was intended.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Thank you, @suzyQ3, for taking the time to explain. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I do find this pretty stupid for them to be selling this kind of merchandise.

OK, I will put it out there... obviously women do buy this stuff... but come on Evine, seriously??

Odd choice for them. I mean how much can this really be increasing their bottom line? 

Maybe they should concentrate more on bringing in some other lines of things in the more overall popular categories for network shopping channels such as clothing, jewelry, and home instead.

No prude here, but there are other places to buy these items. Yet, their current inventory of items in other categories is totally lacking these days.

I'm sure it IS increasing their bottom line.  Obviously, there's a market for these items, and it's good business sense for them to offer to the public what the public wants. 

Yes, there are other places to buy these things.  But Evine doesn't want their customers and potential customers to buy them somewhere else.  No doubt research was done that determined it would be lucrative for them to go into this category, and apparently it's working out well for them.