Respected Contributor

Re: Is it me or does anyone else think that Josie Maran's Argan Reserve is Way overpriced?

I will keep my opinions on this product to myself as surely my post would be deleted. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is it me or does anyone else think that Josie Maran's Argan Reserve is Way overpriced?

I could see paying that much for an exotic essential oil. But this is not that...it's just a cold-pressed oil from a farm-raised plant.

Honored Contributor

yes,i think this is way over my budget, especially when you can buy it only during a certain time frame. i would never buy enough at that price to last until the next availability. but it may be wonderful and it maybe a bust. i am certain it would the usual 4 weeks to notice if there was a change to your skin. i will stick to the cocktail of a few oils, including argan oil, that works great for my skin. if you could buy samples, which is what i do if i think i want to try a pricy item,, so all that money isn't thrown away or returned, that would be great.

Honored Contributor

@lessismsore wrote:

The other day they had a live caller say she had just received hers "it  made her pores disappear."  That made me order it, but I'n going to return it if I 'don't get those results too. I had watched a few presentations, thought it was too pricey and was questioning the marketing  strategy. wouldn't surprise me if the Q collaborated on this strategy. . . Remember when Chaz wanted to bring out his 6/13 (or whatever the name is of his better condioting shampoo is called). He was told the customers wouldnt accept it and it would be a negative for his brand.

@lessismsore, I happened to have heard that caller also. She can't have used the product long enough to speak to its results. The disappearing of pores in two or three hours doesn't make sense and likely speaks more to her being such a devout fan. In fact, she gushed throughtout the call.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I guess this is as good of a place to bring this up.  I recently fell head over heals with Charlotte Tilburg, and have bought a few of her color cosmetics.  She does give samples, so I tried her eye cream, fell in love and ordered it.

I will post later about what is really working for me, but I have some stubborn forehead lines that are diminishing due to home spa technology and a few things I've been using.

I was more than willing to spend more on her moisturizer cream when I stumbled on YouTube reviews done by non-paid sponsors who were blatantly honest.  I didn't buy it, but three days ago, I bought a bottle of Neutrogena Deep Wrinkle Release......imagine my surprise when I woke up, looked in the mirror, and those deep lines have virtually disappeared.  Don't get too excited yet.

I have found that when I wash my face in the am, any benefits I thought I may have acquired go bye-Bye. Wash off my hydrating products, and I am back to my wrinkles and lines.

My measure as to whether or not a product truly works is to see what my skin looks like without putting anything on it.....and I was astounded......just by adding that one product to my regime. I took a shower and waited a full hour before going on to my regimen....wrinkles and lines not there!

The lesson that I learned is to stop falling for hype-get samples if really expensive, and do a head to head comparison.....and now "tweaking" is in the picture which I have done before-sometimes with good results, more often than not, no changes. That inexpensive bottle of Neutrogena is delivering big results. We all know expensive is not always better-and I am seeing it for myself.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One would think that with all the over priced over hyped beauty products on Q that the hosts get/try/have access to, they would all look 10 years younger than they really are. So do they?

Honored Contributor

Don't buy it if you think its overpriced and you don't like their marketing strategy.  They aren't forcing anyone to buy the product.  Don't take what they are donig personally - it's not done "against" anyone or to take advantage of her customers.  We all have free will to purchase or not  - it's just a marketing strategy.  As with all companies, hit them where it hurts - their finanacial bottom line by not purchasing the product.

Valued Contributor

A few thoughts... remember ojon?tawaka? the rare chocolate scented only limited available . . that ball of messy brown poop mud.. we all went nuts.. we survived .. They sell the illusion  of one special only... If there was  such a magical thing, it wouldnt be a secret... research the basics, stick to something use sunscreen good diet, you dont need  this Miracle . ..

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@lessismsore wrote:

The other day they had a live caller say she had just received hers "it  made her pores disappear."  That made me order it, but I'n going to return it if I 'don't get those results too. I had watched a few presentations, thought it was too pricey and was questioning the marketing  strategy. wouldn't surprise me if the Q collaborated on this strategy. . . Remember when Chaz wanted to bring out his 6/13 (or whatever the name is of his better condioting shampoo is called). He was told the customers wouldnt accept it and it would be a negative for his brand.

@lessismsore, I happened to have heard that caller also. She can't have used the product long enough to speak to its results. The disappearing of pores in two or three hours doesn't make sense and likely speaks more to her being such a devout fan. In fact, she gushed throughtout the call.

@suzyQ3

We all know what works for pores and that's regular exfoliation. Nothing shrinks pores! Sure you can diminish the look with some products but they're still there!

I didn't hear the caller but I did hear the claim later and thought 'Oh please? Who's buying that fairy tale?!'

Contributor

I think her pores disappering was her wishful thinking it is just like people with aligments that aren't for real and you give them a pill that is actually a candy and tell them it will cure everything and all of sudden they feel like a million dollars. Sometimes it's what people want to believe and not what is factual.