Respected Contributor

Re: Is it me or does anyone else think that Josie Maran's Argan Reserve is Way overpriced?

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I guess this is as good of a place to bring this up.  I recently fell head over heals with Charlotte Tilburg, and have bought a few of her color cosmetics.  She does give samples, so I tried her eye cream, fell in love and ordered it.

I will post later about what is really working for me, but I have some stubborn forehead lines that are diminishing due to home spa technology and a few things I've been using.

I was more than willing to spend more on her moisturizer cream when I stumbled on YouTube reviews done by non-paid sponsors who were blatantly honest.  I didn't buy it, but three days ago, I bought a bottle of Neutrogena Deep Wrinkle Release......imagine my surprise when I woke up, looked in the mirror, and those deep lines have virtually disappeared.  Don't get too excited yet.

I have found that when I wash my face in the am, any benefits I thought I may have acquired go bye-Bye. Wash off my hydrating products, and I am back to my wrinkles and lines.

My measure as to whether or not a product truly works is to see what my skin looks like without putting anything on it.....and I was astounded......just by adding that one product to my regime. I took a shower and waited a full hour before going on to my regimen....wrinkles and lines not there!

The lesson that I learned is to stop falling for hype-get samples if really expensive, and do a head to head comparison.....and now "tweaking" is in the picture which I have done before-sometimes with good results, more often than not, no changes. That inexpensive bottle of Neutrogena is delivering big results. We all know expensive is not always better-and I am seeing it for myself.

Poodlepet2

When you say that the bottle of Neutrogena is delivering big results, are you talking about what you call Neutrogena Deep Wrinkle Release? If yes, do you mind checking the bottle or tube for the name again? I can't find anything in the Neutrogena line with that name, and I'd get it on the strength of your experience, but I want to get what's working for you. They have so many products now, I wouldn't even try to guess what it is. TIA!

Respected Contributor

Re: Is it me or does anyone else think that Josie Maran's Argan Reserve is Way overpriced?

I was wondering if anyone else remembered Ojon and the now ex-Mrs. Ojon's glorious hair, which she was probably born with. (I know she's not Mrs. Ojon, but can't remember their name.) I never got the ball of stuff, but have a few jars of the heavy grease, a couple tubes of Tawaka [SP] in the fridge, and even some of the original, precious Ojon volumizing shampoo and conditioner. I loved that smell. I remember when they sold the company, people went bananas. It seemed the only ones who liked the newly formulated products were those who'd never used the old ones. C'est la vie.

I'm anticipating the same thing with the IT products since their purchase by L'Oreal. I'm going to lay in a year's worth of Confidence Cream (refrigerated) before that happens.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Noodlean! The product I am using is Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Anti-Wrinkle Serum. Don't run out and buy it just yet because there are other lotions and potions I use along with home spa gadgets.  Before you get your hopes up too high, it's only fair for me to talk about what other products I'm using.

Also, on these boards if you have been here any length of time you will see people bubbling and gushing over how great a product is-and then there is the contingent who sends it back.  Clearly, not all things work for all people.

I am sleepy and can barely stay awake, but I will start a new thread tomorrow.  It will be interesting to see what others have found!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Too much money for so little. Most of the new and improved isn't.

Respected Contributor

When Jane Tracy was presenting this she was jumping up and down and stating this was the best thing ever to happen at QVC. Overselling like that could lead one to believe that the product is less than wonderful. Yes I know Jane is enthusiastic about EVERYTHING.

Regular Visitor

How can you possibly knock a product you have never tried.  Josie Maran is one of the most giving Beauty Associates on QVC.  She practically gives half her kits away.  I am using the Argan Reserve and have had AMAZING results.  It is worth every penny and she still discounted it!!  Obviously you are unaware of the fact that processingin a Lab is involved.  She doesn't just throw leaves and press cake in the bottle.  Her inquisitive mind is what made her ask if there was anything else they could derive from the Argan Tree to come up with this Powerful Product that is 11X stronger then Argan Oil.  I love it and I bought enough to last me a year.  My fine lines, Pores and wrinkles are diminishing more each day.  My deep wrinkles are starting to soften.  I suggest you check the facts before you make such rude remakes.  Underpriced maybe but certainly not Overpriced. 

Occasional Contributor

First let me say that I am a beauty product junkie but have discovered thru trial and error that nothing I've tried has given me results like the long term use of Retin-A...sunscreen and a basic cleanser.  I've put on countless lotions and potions and yes argan oil in its many forms with varying degrees of success.  When I saw this latest "miracle" argan product  it just really made me say "enough already!"  My goal for this year is to not fall for the hype...even if it is a miracle product...I'm good!

Valued Contributor

JM's original argan oil is the only product I ever received in one of those Beauty Tubes (remember those?) that I loved, and have continued to buy. I thought IT was a bit pricey but have justified the purchase for several years b/c I like the results. The new Reserve is out of my price range. I guess I'll just have to settle for the plain ol' original.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

When Jane Tracy was presenting this she was jumping up and down and stating this was the best thing ever to happen at QVC. Overselling like that could lead one to believe that the product is less than wonderful. Yes I know Jane is enthusiastic about EVERYTHING.

I totally agree with you @chessylady.  In addition, QVC has publicly stated that in 2017 QVC will heavily concentrate on it's beauty lines.  So I think all the hosts were given the memo to hard sell all beauty products (even more so than usual).  Get ready!  We may see actual products called "Fountain of Youth, I Promise" before the year is out. 

The savvy consumer must stay savvy and purchase only after much research.

Honored Contributor

I put Josie in the same pool as the Kardashians....

all in for the Money$$$

no real talent other than being a model or having a big bottom.... 

. using her looks for profit.

Ripping off the consumer with lies and deceit.