Super Contributor

Re: Is it just me, or are the threads the same for weeks at a time?

I couldn't log in last night on my iPad, just kept sending me in a loop. I cleared my Cookies and did a shut down, then it was fine.

Respected Contributor

I know because of all the negative comments on threads recently that I post less and less frequently. The negatives seem to take over the posts. I wish people would just ignore them and keep the thread on track. Then I think people would post more - myself included.

Super Contributor

On 8/28/2014 PKB said:

I couldn't log in last night on my iPad, just kept sending me in a loop. I cleared my Cookies and did a shut down, then it was fine.

That happened to me, too, PKB

Super Contributor

Glad it's just not me...thanks all!

It's funny, and maybe it's just the end of summer slump, but even on the Today Show for example, they seem to be relying on the personal lives of the hosts to keep things going---it's Al's birthday, this one had a baby, now this other one had a baby, it's Hoda's 50th, it's Kathie Lee's birthday, this one is getting married, this one is trying to have a baby...yikes.

Maybe it's just that there is so much horrible news lately, that we are looking for joy, but the events in others" lives just don't draw me in.

More cold meds needed...{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Honored Contributor

I noticed that any spirited conversation that gets going, especially if it's something that was in the news and about our country, gets poofed. So what if people get worked up about a thread, that's what makes it fun and interesting.

Valued Contributor

I guess that sometimes I don't post something that is on my mind because the nasty haters nail everybody that doesn't post something that they agree with. It is getting old.

Honored Contributor

I wear the same threads for a week before I wash them.

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 baker said:

I noticed that any spirited conversation that gets going, especially if it's something that was in the news and about our country, gets poofed. So what if people get worked up about a thread, that's what makes it fun and interesting.

Although the moderation is not consistent, the poofing of political and/or controversial topics is within the Standards here:

"Do not initiate or engage in political discussions or discussions of a controversial nature."

IMO, we have to know going in that any such thread has a high probability of being deleted.

And honestly, I don't blame QVC at all for wanting to keep the forums as free from controversy as possible. Their objective for even having this "community" is not to give us an outlet to argue over current affairs.

It's a shopping channel message board. And I'm sure that they hope that we inspire one another to spend money here. They hope that the Wenners and the Linea ladies and the all the other such groups will boost their bottom line. And I'm sure that they do.

If it wasn't profitable for QVC, there would be no QVC message board.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Kate, I thought the same thing, until I realized that the board is now defaulting to "Popular Threads" instead of "Recent Threads" every time I log-in. Check the first page just above the list of posts and click on "Recent Threads" - you'll see a whole bunch of new posts pop up.

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 cassiem said:

Kate, I thought the same thing, until I realized that the board is now defaulting to "Popular Threads" instead of "Recent Threads" every time I log-in. Check the first page just above the list of posts and click on "Recent Threads" - you'll see a whole bunch of new posts pop up.

Mine has always been on recent threads and it still always pretty stale. Pretty slow moving. I think if it weren't for all the OT recently, it wouldn't move at all!