Super Contributor

Re: Is it just me, or are the threads the same for weeks at a time?

Mine was always on recent threads, but all of a sudden it's defaulting to Popukar a Threads every time I log on. Weird. If you just see list of popular threads, it's REALLY slow with no new threads popping up.
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 BeautyAddiction said:

I know because of all the negative comments on threads recently that I post less and less frequently. The negatives seem to take over the posts. I wish people would just ignore them and keep the thread on track. Then I think people would post more - myself included.

So true.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

it seems the threads with the most action are the ones that focus on a host or vendor that somebody is finding fault with! I recently started a thread regarding some beauty products I discovered and I got a bunch of looksees and one count 'em one comment! it's very discouraging when you think your amongst the like minded. call me crazy but if I see a legitimate beauty thread I will make an effort to at least comment or answer the question; I won't let someone twist in the wind
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 cassiem said:

Kate, I thought the same thing, until I realized that the board is now defaulting to "Popular Threads" instead of "Recent Threads" every time I log-in. Check the first page just above the list of posts and click on "Recent Threads" - you'll see a whole bunch of new posts pop up.

It defaults to "Recent Threads" for me. I just set it to "Popular Threads" to see what would happen and I got a few new ones but mostly just the same old ones, so for me it wasn't a big difference.

And I've noticed what the OP is saying also. Same old threads for long periods of time, with very little new. It definitely didn't used to be like this.

Someone said it's because people are away for the summer, but I don't think it's that either. Lots of people have more free time in the summer. And I've never noticed such a slow down in previous summers.

I'm not sure what the explanation is, but I've been posting here for years and it's never been this slow/uninteresting before.

Kiss

Respected Contributor

On 8/28/2014 HappyDaze said:

no, I thought the same thing! I was offline for about 3 or 4 days and came back and it seemed to essentially be the same threads as when I left! It has been pretty slow on the boards for awhile now. Maybe because of summer holiday?

same here. They are same old boring things being discussed.

Esteemed Contributor

So let's start some new threads!!!

Respected Contributor

On 8/28/2014 BeautyAddiction said:

I know because of all the negative comments on threads recently that I post less and less frequently. The negatives seem to take over the posts. I wish people would just ignore them and keep the thread on track. Then I think people would post more - myself included.

I completely agree with this. The negative debates and routine name calling are no fun for me. There are so many arguments out in the real world, I don't need to come here in my spare time and get more. I touch and go these days.

Super Contributor

On 8/28/2014 cassiem said:

Kate, I thought the same thing, until I realized that the board is now defaulting to "Popular Threads" instead of "Recent Threads" every time I log-in. Check the first page just above the list of posts and click on "Recent Threads" - you'll see a whole bunch of new posts pop up.

Nope, took that into consideration. I am talking about Recent Threads...they seemed stagnant, too... Thanks, Cassie...although I do wish they would just open onto Recent...they seem to want us to click a lot!