Super Contributor

Re: Is it just me, or are Bare Minerals products different?

I haven't liked any of the "ready" products. Lucky for me I went completely mad for BE several years ago and still have TONS so I haven't tried too much of anything new. I would say what I have tried new has been so so and nothing was great. I ran out of foundation and haven't replaced. These days I wear Primetime and MV only and am using up all my old ones from way back when. It will be years before I need to buy anything really. I don't wear eye shadow anymore, just mascara.

Super Contributor

I guess I am in the minority--I really don't notice any difference in the product. I started using BE products in my early 30's and I am 47 now. My skin has changed considerably since then so some things don't work for me anymore like they used to, but that is normal. I suppose you do get less for more, but that is the norm these days with pretty much everything. I still love BE products!

Occasional Contributor

I have been using BE for about 5 years and just my opinion but it has gotten better. I love the fact that there are so many choices from loose to solid minerals. Also I enjoy the foundation choices as well. I know the shipping charges QVC has are a bit crazy but often times BE offers items you can't get any place else. Just my opinion but I love BE and use the makeup and skincare almost exclusively and my skin has never looked better.

Super Contributor

the only difference I've seen is the ready products...but everything else so far is the same to me.

Frequent Contributor

I have noticed that the newest foundation I purchased seems different. Also I have advanced bare radiance and the product seems to not want to come out of the shaker holes very well. I don't know if its the product or what but only a tiny bit falls out. I am on the fence about the new liquid foundation not sure what color etc.

I too am like Tree, I have so many many eye colors and blushes and a few ready palletes I need nothing, I'm actually kind of kicking myself now for just how much I own, its pretty ridiculous.

Hope all are having a fun safe weekend.

michele

Occasional Contributor

Dear BSD: I agree, BM hit the skids when it got sold. Price went up, quality tanked. As did Philosophy, when Coty purchased it. As did QVC itself: the overall quality of QVC took a huge dive after they hired a former WalMart exec as their CEO. Now I rarely purhcase from the Q. I'll read the beauty forums every so often, though.

A cosmetics thought: be cognizant of which corporation owns each brand. There are only a few major cosmetic corporations worldwide. As of 2011: Estée Lauder owns: Aveda, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, MAC, Origins, La Mer, Michael Kors, Ojon. L’Oreal owns: Maybelline,Garnier, Lancôme, Shu Uemura, Kiehl’s, Giorgio Armani, Dermablend, Body Shop, Skinceuticals, Ralph Lauren, Yves Saint Laurent. Procter & Gamble owns: Cover Girl, Max Factor, Olay. Johnson & Johnson owns: Neutrogena, Aveeno, Clean & Clear, RoC. Louis Vuitton-Moet Hennessy (LVMH) owns: Dior, Guerlain, Givenchy, Benefit, Fresh, Make Up For Ever, and Sephora’s namesake line. Shiseido owns: Cle de Peau, NARS, Jean Paul Gaultier. Sorry I haven't updated my list since 2011.

Another cosmetics thought: focus on ingedients, not brand names.

Final cosmetics thought: I, too, fought hyperpigmentation (and redness) for years. Additionally, a major blue vein under each eye, for which I tried every concealer known to man. The older I got, the worse it all became. All I ever wanted was even skin tone and those veins gone. So I researched, saved money for a long time, and found a stellar dermatologist in another state. He specializes in lasers; has 7 different types. He removed my two large veins, and did IPL on my entire face. Best investment I ever made. Now I have the even skin tone I've always wanted. Side effects: Swelled up like a blowfish, coffee ground appearance all over face, took two weeks to go away. Well worth it at the end. I no longer need concealer at all, nor full coverage foundation!!! Plus Husband says I look 10 years younger! After all the money I spent searching for perfect foundation and concealer - wish I had done this years ago. I know now to focus on my skin itself, in lieu of cosmetics.

Best wishes to you.

Frequent Contributor

A cosmetics thought: be cognizant of which corporation owns each brand. There are only a few major cosmetic corporations worldwide. As of 2011:Estée Lauder owns: Aveda, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, MAC, Origins, La Mer, Michael Kors, Ojon. L’Oreal owns: Maybelline,Garnier, Lancôme, Shu Uemura, Kiehl’s, Giorgio Armani, Dermablend, Body Shop, Skinceuticals, Ralph Lauren, Yves Saint Laurent. Procter & Gamble owns: Cover Girl, Max Factor, Olay. Johnson & Johnson owns: Neutrogena, Aveeno, Clean & Clear, RoC. Louis Vuitton-Moet Hennessy (LVMH) owns: Dior, Guerlain, Givenchy, Benefit, Fresh, Make Up For Ever, and Sephora’s namesake line.Shiseido owns: Cle de Peau, NARS, Jean Paul Gaultier. Sorry I haven't updated my list since 2011.

I had no idea that someone owned Body shop I thought it was its own.

interesting

Occasional Contributor

Time for a change, Bareminals is no longer making my day beautiful

I have said goodbye to the original foundation. I know the company changed hands but didn't notice a change until my last purchase. I have also tried the Bareskin and the Ready formulas and don't care for either one. I will continue to use the lose eye shadows and mineral veil. I never thought I would ever have to find another foundation. I am now using the new" It" foundation and so far so good but only time will tell.

Contributor

As for the primer, I went to 2 different Ultas and the BB at one of them was very watery and at the other it came out of the pump very nice and creamy. I would like to order the 2 oz online here at QVC but I don't want to take the chance of having to return it because I saw on the reviews that a lot of them were watery. I did try to reorder the antioxidant primer that I got last year and really like but that has been discontinued. So has the brow powder and weather everything. I still have some original and neutralizing primer so I will wait and see if the water issue gets fixed . I don't mind if they change eye and blush colors but these items are staples. I have since purchased Maybelline brow powder which is a lot less expensive so that worked out for me. ( I did like the BE brow powder a little better. ) I usually wait for Ulta and Sephora have a discount on prestige cosmetics and then buy. I also check ebay for some items. HTH

Super Contributor

I have to say that I have been collecting for years so I have enough product to last until I die but I continue to purchase, I noticed a change about a year ago. Luckily I have enough older product to last but am just so sad that all of the really neat kits they used to come out with concerning loose is all but gone. The shows on the Q are no longer "events", I would tape the shows and would drop everything to watch and buy. Where have they all gone? All of the loose eye kits were plentiful, new radiance colors came out, where did they all go? They used to be on 2 hour programs 3 or 4 times a day, where did they all go?

Get my drift? It just seems like they have no product development dept anymore, they just come on and sell the same stuff you see in every store out there. I do not mind that Leslie is not on anymore, I like Jessica, but BM needs to give her some exciting products to sell, some new colors, kits, just everything. Why not go back to what made you great? Even though most companies have mineral foundations they mostly stop there, come out with eye colors, new radiance colors, new blushes. It just seems so easy to turn the clock back just a bit. I remember all of the hullabullo when they changed their foundation to offer matte, now, good luck getting any loose products. C'mon Bare Minerals, quit sluffing and go to work to make yourself a leader again. Sorry, just my opinion