Honored Contributor

Re: Is buying too much make-up a sign of OCD? Do you have too much make-up?

On 2/17/2015 Harpa said:
On 2/17/2015 Trix said:

No one needs 50 lipsticks. Whether one can afford it or not, it's a symptom of compulsive behavior to buy a lot of anything. Since it's harmless compared to compulsive smoking, gambling, or a drinking habit, people don't tend to think of it as a problem.

I say buy as much as makes you happy if the finances can handle it. I might be behind you in line buying another tube of lipstick or foundation. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I solve that problem and just get a couple great lip palettes!

9012 21 Color Lipstick Kit

I swear I've seen this hanging in a museum of modern art. Mondrian, perhaps? Smile

I know some love lip palettes, but I prefer the ease of a regular tube lipstick or gloss in an applicator. I'm just not one to use a lip brush. Heck, not even a liner. But if you like it, you surely do get a big bang for your buck.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Re: Is buying too much make-up a sign of OCD? Do you have too much make-up?

I think everyone has an area in their life where over buying can be a problem. Some people hoard food in pantries, some gamble, etc. I love cosmetics and skin care and yes sometimes I am ashamed of myself for how much I have. I also think how embarrassed I would be if anything happened to me and looked at my at home cosmetics store! I am trying to be better and have found products that I think I can stay with without adding more. I also am giving a lot to my daughter to clean out my surplus. It is becoming evident to me more and more that the new products advertised are not better than the ones I have that work for me.