Respected Contributor

Re: Is beekman soap really that good?

OK, I did the Beekman bar soap when at Evine...Did nothing for my skin,

and I mean nothing. 

And, I ALWAYS had squirt problems with their liquid hand soap dispensers - I mean squirting on my shirt and NOT my hand. I finally just threw the remainder away I had of those, as enough was enough! 

(The remaining soap bars I do have look nice on a shelf in the bath though if nothing else ...  I had to something with them!)

I like the Aveeno body washes much better for me, more moisturizing, rinses clean, and leaves my skin a lot softer. I like the body lotion too for my arms and legs in the summer after a day out in the sun and water or in the dead of winter when the heat being on is also drying to my skin.

Their packaging is pretty though.

Personal choice, not every beauty product works well on everyone.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

No because I bought some from Evine. I think it's overrated. Nothing special.

Esteemed Contributor

No, nothing special.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

I have to agree, their bar soap isn't anything special IMO. I use only liquid soaps and oils in my bath now. You pay for all those "homey" things, Neighbor. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I did not find it all that special.  Just bar soap. 

Occasional Contributor

I actually think it is amazing.  I am almost 70 and I have been using it every day for at least 2 years.  I shower with it on a daily basis.  A bar will last me at least 2 months.  Unfortunately, it did not make me look like I was 30 but it hydrates my skin wonderfully.  What sets it apart is what is not in it. I like putting something good on my skin and not a bunch of chemicals like you find in typical bar soap.  I would recommend you try it.  I do not think you will be disappointed. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stopped buying store brands like Dial and Irish Spring. I started looking for special crafter style soaps at places like boutiques when vacationing, or TJMaxx/Ross/Marshalls. Now I used almost exclusively Beekman soaps. They last a long time, and I figured out why. I used it until the bar died, then grabbed a last store bought soap just to use it up, I noticed right off, that I had to keep re-soaping the wash cloth. It became annoying. When I went back to a Beekman bar, once I soaped up the wash cloth, I managed to clean my entire body with the one soaping. Thus the bar lasted longer. Ok just my testimony, but a reason I love these bars.

Regular Contributor

Does anyone know how this soap compares to the Goat Milk Stuff soaps? I love the Goat Milk Stuff soaps, but am game to try others if they are really good.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I love their soaps and body products.  This is a steal of a price.  I gift the soap all the time to family and friends.  Bought the TSV on A/D for myself and gifting.  Really good soap and exactly as they describe.  DH uses it too and loves it as well.

Occasional Contributor

Same! I tried the beekman bars of soap and thought they left my skin feeling really dry. I love anything with Olive Oil in it and also recommend bars of soap with a lot of Olive Oil in it.