Honored Contributor

Re: Is beekman soap really that good?

Meh---soap is soap ---I use body wash. I have this brand and really don't notice a difference. 

Honored Contributor

Yes.their products are great!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Valued Contributor

Yes, I think their bar soap is excellent.  I'm a shower gel person but after using their bar soap, I use that now.  I'm startinig to read labels more and more and trying to stay away from too much junk in shower products so I was pleased with the pure  version and the goat milk.  The first scent in the bar I ordered from HSN in the pure.  I've also tried the vanilla and oatmeal.  Your skin after feels so smooth.  I also like their body butter.    

Esteemed Contributor

DH loves them & measures all else against them

I'm more of a Korres girl, but I don't mind beekman at all

Respected Contributor

I really like the soaps. I don't find them at all drying. Love Arcadia and have a stash of that and Covent Garden. Would like to try Fig, but don't want to spring $15 for one bar.

I will say that I bought the sampler pack of 10 body creams and sent it back because they smelled nothing like the scents in the corresponding soaps to me. Sadly, the recent TS is also going back. The autumn soap had no scent that I could detect (first reviewer on HSN also said that), and I'm not keen on smelling like a cookie, so I realized the Vanilla Absolute soap and magnum body cream are not for me either. The set also included a stick of butter that was a big nothing and two cubes of facial soap, one triple milk and one charcoal. I found the triple milk so awkward to hold and anti-sensual, and nothing special as soap, that I had no problem drying it out and boxing it up.

I'll just say one more thing that might offend the Beekman diehard fans--no offense intended--but I think the whole business is gimmicky and they're way ahead of themselves in rolling out products. I look at the labels of the skin care products, with all kinds of oils and shea butter listed well before the goat milk, and the charm starts to fall away.

I do love the little Benny goat, though, and I'll continue to buy the soaps unless Beekman 1802 is sold to Colgate-Palmolive or another conglomerate and the products are corrupted, per usual.

Respected Contributor

I have only tried their soaps and do not remember them being anything special.  Anything you keep on your skin for only a few seconds would only be able to do so much.  

Occasional Contributor

I love the bars..my skin isn't that dry as before. I bought a big size bar and it has lasted for months. Give it a try.
Honored Contributor

I've never tried Beekman but there are a LOT of sellers on Etsy that make hydrating handmade soap.

Respected Contributor

I love the Beekman soap, I have tried an olive oil soap from etsy and it does not compare. I sometimes use goat milk stuff soap but I think the beekman is better. My big burly brother has psoriasis and other skin sensitivities. He developed a skin rash so I gave him a bar of Beekman Soap. He grabbed it  and said "I love this soap". Now I knew that he would not have bought Beekman on his own, so I said "you have used it before", He said yes, someone gave Sharon (his wife) a bar for Christmas and she gave it to him and he loved it. So now, I buy the the Beekman soap for him and I give it to him for Christmas and his Birthday so he has a stash all year. I just gave him 4 bars for boarding up my house for the hurricane. He was thrilled, of course. 

Trusted Contributor

@betteD wrote:

I know I'm late to the party, thread, but am so shocked by this soap.  I started using it, way too big for a hand smaller than a pro baller.   I was shocked that after a while of showering with it my skin feels like it has scales!!  WHA??   Literally, so drying, for me and will have to stop using it.   Now what to do with all the bars of soap??  

What is so drying about this soap?  I've read others have had the same results.  I was quite surprised considering the hype.   I would never buy this again.   But do love the lambs.  

I guess we all have diferent skin types.  I just love the soap, if fact it's the only soap that I can skip the skin creams  or body lotions if I'm in a hurry.