Respected Contributor

Re: Is beekman soap really that good?

@Babspiano wrote:

i didn’t think it was anything special and returned a set from HSN.  Will stick to Dove bars.

They made my acrylic tub so sliippery that neither my husband nor  myself could stand up without sliding.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Babspiano wrote:

i didn’t think it was anything special and returned a set from HSN.  Will stick to Dove bars.

They made my acrylic tub so sliippery that neither my husband nor  myself could stand up without sliding.

@Tricolor   Which one made your tub slippery..Dove or Beekman?  Even with a tub mat?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I've never tried the soap and I have always said I wasn't the least bit tempted by any of their products.  However, last month when they were on HSN, they had some good deals and I had a coupon so I decided to order a 2 pack of the body creams and a 2 pack of hand creams.  I am normally a Josie body butter user but these were cheaper so I thought I'd see what it was about.

I really wish there was a way to order sample sizes or something to give the scents a try.  Trying to figure out any of the scents were really hard.  I didn't want a scent to interfer with my fragrance and normally I use Josie's unscented or vanilla because the scent is so light.  There was no unscented in the body cream so I bought the vanilla.  I bought the Apricot Honey Tea hand cream.

The body cream is really nice however, the vanilla scent is very strong and very sweet to me.  It is way more of a heavy vanilla scent than Josie's vanilla.  I would not reorder this scent although I do like the cream.

I love the hand cream but again, the scent is very heavy to me and almost smells like a men's cologne.     

Super Contributor

I love all of the Beekman boys products that I have tried, especially their soaps. That is saying a lot coming from a die hard liquid soap fan.

Their skin moisturizer gets completely soaked into my skin without it sitting on the top of my skin.

Their hand salve is incredible for my sometimes rough heels.

As much as I love my philosophy bath gels I will never go back to them again. Nothing against them, it's just that these bars of soap are better for me.

Valued Contributor

She probably meant Dove, since that happened to me. It left a film on me and the tub so it was too slippery to stand. I have to quit using it. Not my cup of tea.

Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@Babspiano wrote:

@Tricolor   Which one made your tub slippery..Dove or Beekman?  Even with a tub mat?

It was the Beekman. I can't use a tub mat because I have a Bathfitters shower and tub and they are not recommended. 

Esteemed Contributor

@betteD wrote:

I know I'm late to the party, thread, but am so shocked by this soap.  I started using it, way too big for a hand smaller than a pro baller.   I was shocked that after a while of showering with it my skin feels like it has scales!!  WHA??   Literally, so drying, for me and will have to stop using it.   Now what to do with all the bars of soap??  

What is so drying about this soap?  I've read others have had the same results.  I was quite surprised considering the hype.   I would never buy this again.   But do love the lambs.  

Was the soap  scented with Grapefruit ?  The ones with grapefruit  don't seem as moisturizing. The regular plain  goat milk bar soap is  good for dry skin . Atleast that is what I found  so far. I have my Husband cut the bars of soap in half if they are big bars . They do make the smaller ones that I bought on a promotion on  another channel .

The soap hand pump & lotion dispensers are  a mess to use since the soap pumps out horizonatly  straight at you not down.

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I got the tsv several months ago with I think 6 big bars of soap and a jar of body cream.  I’m still using the first bar in the shower....and there’s a lot of life left in it!  Those bars are huge!!  

I am using the unscented one.  It doesn’t irritate my skin, which tends to be sensitive.  I’ve even shaved with the lather.  Not drying to me at all.

The body cream was fabulous....made my skin very soft.  Too expensive for me to buy more...but I used up every bit in the jar!

Edited to add.....I checked order history, and I got my soap back in April!  I shower every day and use that soap....there’s still probably a third of the bar left!  I won’t have to buy soap for a few years!  

Have you tried HSN  Perlier Olive oil soap & lotion ?   My daughter has so many allergies  as I do along with dry skin  . We've tried  numerous bath products and the Perlier Olive Oil  bath cleanser & lotion are the best . I do like the Josie Maran  body butter and never have had an issues with her products. I've tried Philosphy and it dries my skin - no can use any of their products.

Trusted Contributor

I purchased the very first TSV they had on the Q with my husband in mind.  He absolutely loves their soaps!  He, who pretty much makes fun of all the different lotions and potions I use, says his skin feels noticeably different - not itchy or tight.  He will now only use this soap - so much so that we went away over the summer and he actually cut a bar in half to bring with us.  If you knew my husband, you wouldn't BELIEVE what a great testimonial that is!! LOL

But honestly the best thing about their product is it leaves absolutely no residue on the stone or other tiles nor any glass in our many baths in our home.  That ALONE sold me!

Respected Contributor

I tried a couple of Beekman soaps and face wipes before giving up.  It wasn't that I didn't enjoy the lather or what they did for my skin -- but I didn't like the scents.  I am super picky about fragrance though.  I want my morning shower cleansing to be light and clean smelling.  I just couldn't get that from Beekman's (though I might have found a fave if I kept trying).  

I went back to Amazing Grace shower gel for me and flipped to Goat Milk Stuff ocean scent for my husband. We are both happy campers now.