Valued Contributor

Re: Is beekman soap really that good?

@noodleann 

when they were on evine, i ordered some kit that came with a body cream. it was the one item, that just didn't do it for me. i don't know for sure, but the difference in smell could be because it's 'whipped'. i've discovered that i am not a fan of anything whipped, regardless of the brand, at least so far. seems like i used more of it, then a body butter.

out of the few bar soap scents that i've tried, the one with the oatmeal is the most moisturizing, so i keep a stock pile of that. wasn't a fan of the pure, which was a surprise. to me, it wasn't as moisturizing as the one with the oatmeal. the 2 or 3 other scents i have tried, i can take or leave. the scent, is the LEAST important thing to me. having more moisture is priority #1.

i think the rush to bring out more products is because that's what everyone else is doing.

i also have their big triple milled lump of kohl bar soap and like it. i'm not sure why they also have a charcoal face bar soap, as the lump of kohl can be used on your face and the face bar isn't triple milled, so to me, it will not last as long. to me, it doesn't have a scent.

maybe i jaded, but they are one of the few brands that i don't think will be sold to a conglomerate, especially since they talk down about the products that the big companies make. i'm sure that they have been approached by 1 or 2 big companies already. yes, if they sell the company, i'm out! ! !

the problem that they have is that many of their products are often sold out for months. that probably isn't a good thing for sales. if they ramp up production, they should not have any problem getting into any store that they want, as the trend of using products that aren't chemical soup is growing.

Honored Contributor

@Katilein wrote:

So I love bar soap, but I’ve never found any that is not drying. Now I’m listening to the presentation and they rave about the hydration that this soap provides. Is that really true? And if not the soap, which other of their products do you swear by? Thank you

I have sensitive skin and was able to use them with no issue.  I do remember they last a long long time.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the tsv several months ago with I think 6 big bars of soap and a jar of body cream.  I’m still using the first bar in the shower....and there’s a lot of life left in it!  Those bars are huge!!  

I am using the unscented one.  It doesn’t irritate my skin, which tends to be sensitive.  I’ve even shaved with the lather.  Not drying to me at all.

The body cream was fabulous....made my skin very soft.  Too expensive for me to buy more...but I used up every bit in the jar!

Edited to add.....I checked order history, and I got my soap back in April!  I shower every day and use that soap....there’s still probably a third of the bar left!  I won’t have to buy soap for a few years!  

Frequent Contributor

Yes! Its the first soap my husband showered with and said, "What is this soap? Always buy this." We live in Arizona with extreme dry conditions...its the best. I take it on vacations. Also it does not live soap scum because it doesnt have all those unhealthy phosphates.

Honored Contributor

@iwrite  - If the price was right, I'm sure they'd be happy to sell the business.

Valued Contributor

I have to laugh at questions like this.

The people who use and love their soap will say Yes, it is! and the ones who don't say No, it isn't. There is no answer for a question like this as obviously everyone has different tastes and likes/dislikes.

I bought one bar of their soap, the large one, in the violet scent, On the plus side it smelled good fo a long time and when I used it with my sponge it made a lot of creamy lather. On the negative side, it did nothing for dry skin, nothing at all. 

So I did not purchase again and will not try any of their other products. I use soap from Goat Milk Stuff and find it much better and better priced since I can get half bars. 

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@iwrite  - If the price was right, I'm sure they'd be happy to sell the business.

money isn't everything or the end all be all to some people.

for all we know, their business could be like their child, which most people don't sell.

i hope that they don't sell. there are other companies that make bath and body products that have goat milk. let them sell out to a conglomerate.

Valued Contributor

Maybe the goat is the selling point

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I tried Hand in Hand bar soap sold on QVC and loved it. The company gives back a bar for every purchase to those in need.

Super Contributor

I've never used it

But after reading some of the comments I'm curious.

My local supermarket sells goat milk bar soap.  I can just buy one bar and not have to pay for shipping