Valued Contributor

Re: Is beekman soap really that good?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Northray wrote:

I love your post, so informative.  And as a fellow germaphobe, I appreciate the information you give.  Question tho:  So you know how they are trying to get handwashing soap and the such to remove triclosan(SP?) (and I forget why right now) anyway some Doctors say you don't need Tricolson anyways, just washing your hands is enough.  Do you think that's true?  

@Northray 

Triclosan is added to something to prevent bacterial contamination. The use of Triclosan in hand soaps has not proven to be any better at removing bacterial from the skin than plain soap. The FDA says there's no benefit to using Triclosan. Just wash your hands properly and you'll be fine without it.

"5 Things to Know About Triclosan"

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm205999.htm

Properly, for 30 seconds I think.  Thank you. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Occasional Contributor

I love it! Hydrating and great scents. Bars last forever. Their body cream is amazing too!!!

Respected Contributor

I like liquid body wash, it’s neater in the shower- I use regular Dove citrus scent and put it in a pump dispenser. It’s fine. I see no reason to spend a lot on body wash-

Trusted Contributor

I have not read through all the comments, so someone may have already made this remark, but my favorite goat’s milk soap is from a vendor/website, “ Goat’s Milk Stuff”. A small farm in southern Indiana, it is a home- based business where all of the kids children help out. You can purchase half or travel- sized bars along with many other products. Your purchases are shipped out right away, good prices, and the soaps are great. I’ve used it exclusively for the last 2 years, and my dry itchy winter skin is no more. Love this stuff.

Respected Contributor

Korres sold at HSN is much better IMO!  Try one of their kits when they are on...plus shipping is free!  So hydrating and smell is wonderful....way better then the goat line.

Regular Contributor

YES IT IS!!!!  I have eczema and I can use this. I have been to Mayo myself and have a child who worked in Derm there. I know they recommend Vanicream and it is a great product, however it dried my skin out something fierce.  Enter Beekman!  Simply amazing. The soap and body cream is the one/two punch of moisture that my extremely sensitive skin needs.  There is no soap scum in your shower because of the purity of the soap.  I think someone made a comment about the size of the bars being too big.  There is a set on HSN with palm size bars if you prefer. 

https://www.hsn.com/products/beekman-1802-goat-milk-palm-size-bar-soap-assortment-wt/8886427

Trusted Contributor

@laraffinee wrote:

Does anyone know how this soap compares to the Goat Milk Stuff soaps? I love the Goat Milk Stuff soaps, but am game to try others if they are really good.

I also use Goat Milk Stuff, but decided to try this because the price was so good and the shipping was free.  One thing I love about Goat Milk Stuff soap is that it leaves no residue, which I always felt with other soaps.  If I feel any residue from this soap, I'll be returning it.  

Now that I've read these posts, though, I'm having second thoughts.  For one thing, why does it lather so much?  Does it use something bad to make it lather? 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katilein The Beekman’s are on saying how natural this soap and no harmful ingredients.That’s a joke! You can look up the ingredients under the item number and they include the following harmful ingredients: Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide...

Contributor

Yes, it really is that good -at least for me.   You will see the lather immediately, and when you rinse off the "scrubbie' it rinses very easily and doesn't leave any of that soapy residual you usuallly get with shower gels.

The differencei is really noticeable on your skin-it feels hydrated right away. It's a wonderful, soothing product-and believe me, I've tried them all!

The body cream is out of this world as well-not greasy, but it sinks right into your skin-the fragrance in the body creams are beautiful and just a hint of the scent.  Love both these products!!

Frequent Contributor

I know I'm late to the party, thread, but am so shocked by this soap.  I started using it, way too big for a hand smaller than a pro baller.   I was shocked that after a while of showering with it my skin feels like it has scales!!  WHA??   Literally, so drying, for me and will have to stop using it.   Now what to do with all the bars of soap??  

What is so drying about this soap?  I've read others have had the same results.  I was quite surprised considering the hype.   I would never buy this again.   But do love the lambs.