Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Is beekman soap really that good?

@Katilein  I prefer "Zum" goats milk bar soap. Indigo Wild in Kansas City. Almond is one of my favorites. I have tried Beekman and like the Zum over any that I have tried.

Respected Contributor

@Katilein wrote:

So I love bar soap, but I’ve never found any that is not drying. Now I’m listening to the presentation and they rave about the hydration that this soap provides. Is that really true? And if not the soap, which other of their products do you swear by? Thank you

Unfortunately for me, I ordered a "stash" when they were first on Evine.  It was my first and only purchase from Evine.  I must be the only person in the world to find the soaps drying for my skin.  I was dissappointed because they smell amazing and the soap bars are huge. I so appreciate the fact that they are so pure. I'm not sure why they were so drying for me, but as much as I love the scents, I won't order them again. 

Esteemed Contributor

So is their soap a soap, or a detergent?

I haven't looked into their ingredients.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge 

For my skin, I may as well have bathed with Tide Detergent.  The soaps were that drying to my skin. 

I guess I was expecting too much.  I use honey, goat milk, and shea butter soap from Studiers Honeypot.  The soap is amazing in so far as moisturizing and healing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Soaps can be drying and detergents can be moisturizing, and vice versa @Georgiagrama .

They're determined by their ingredients, but in common speech they're often used incorrectly.

So I wondered if anyone who knows their chemistry has looked. If not, I will but it's a time consuming chore for me.

You here @SilleeMee ?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge 

I understand that. I used the reference as a figure of "common speech" , not to be taken literally.   

With all the emphasis these days on caring for your skin, moisturizing properly and the gentleness of a product, washing your body with Tide (or any laundry product)  would, for most people, conjur up thoughts of drying your skin out. 

Honored Contributor

I have tried many goats milk  soaps, these are my favorite.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I personally liked their soaps.  I love the big chunky bar, and found them to be  creamy and lathering.  They only last about 4-5 weeks (I'm petite in size) not 2 months as they claim.  My favorites were the ylang, and the honey oats.  All this said, unfortunately I cannot use them anymore.   My dermatologists at Mayo adamantly told me to stop using this, as well as anything else, and highly recommended I use nothing but Vanicream bar soap, and the lotion.  I have sensitive, rash prone skin.

The Vanicream bar soap is amazing...super silky and yet thorough.   So, no more Beekman for me, unless I do an occasional cheat...probably cause I like scented products.  Although I liked Beekmans, Vanicream by far exceeds in silky skin, and hydration. 

Contributor

This just shows how fickle I am....just ordered this after previously sending a set back. Wanted to give them a second chance. Guess the goats were cute.

Esteemed Contributor

LOL I figured you didn't mean it literally, @Georgiagrama . But just goes to show you, I've worked with people who grew up talking baths in Tide, and use it for bathing their own kids.