Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone still buying Philosophy?

I still love Purity, Microdelivery gel and many shower gels. I have given up on their 'miracles'...getting pricey and don't deliver...at least for me. Wish they did!

Trusted Contributor

I was a die hard Philosophy girl until about 4 years ago.  I finally realized that the price did not justify the end results.  Amazing Grace was the last holdout.  A couple years back my DH asked if I stopped wearing AG because he didn't smell me anymore when I came home from work.  That's when I gave AG up too.

I've transitioned to much less expensive more effective drugstore skincare and body products.  Some of my favorites are St. Ives, Vaseline, and JJ Labs Skin Solutions for my vitamin C serum.

I was bouncing around trying to find a fragrance and then the DH bought me Chanel Mademoiselle for my birthday.  I'm so in love with it...I just wish it wasn't so pricey!  But a little has some serious staying power so I may stick with it

Honored Contributor

I still love their shower gels, their peel pads(the ones where they come dry and you add the serum on top of the pads), and I still like their spritzes.........I haven't used Purity in quite a while, now that I use Tatcha's cleansing oil, but when I did use it it worked fine for me. Also Their Hope In A Jar moisturirzer works well for me, although I am now using ASDM Moisturizer for combo skin and that is really good......I also love their Body Souffles....So I guess I still like a lot of Philosophy's products.......  

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amen!  Said good-bye years ago after Amazing Grace was changed.  Skin-care options were the next to nosedive.  I too found much higher quality products that were more cost effective.  Heart

ETA:  The fact that they do test on animals was actually the number one reason that I withdrew my dollars!

Respected Contributor

I gave up years ago when they sold the company, the quality took a nose dive.  Such a shame.

Respected Contributor

Nothing gets my face as clean as Purity! And even though I'm excited to get my first Perlier products this week, I must say, I'm in heaven at the moment. Just ended my weekend with a long shower using Apricots and Cream shower gel, followed by a layer of AG whipped body creme. I feel fantastic and content. I do think scent can really change your mood (I was a little cranky a couple of hours ago about the weekend ending.)
Esteemed Contributor

I bought the lemon custard 3 piece set but I have stopped  ordering other products such as purity & the grace shower gels and body lotions because for me the products don't perform the same way as they once did.  The body lotion used to be my absolute favorite but it doesn't seem to moisturize as well and I had to buy something else this past winter so that my skin didn't feel so dry.  No reason for me to waste $ on a product that no longer works for me.

Frequent Contributor

I have used, "Hope In A Tube" for my eyes and upper lip region for years and years. I still love it! I gave up on the fragrances a few years ago and only use Ice Cream Man in the shampoo/shower gel/bubble bath combo. It smells just like Fresh Cream when Fresh Cream is fresh!!! Considerably cheaper also.
Trusted Contributor

@Wind-chill wrote:

Amen!  Said good-bye years ago after Amazing Grace was changed.  Skin-care options were the next to nosedive.  I too found much higher quality products that were more cost effective.  Heart

ETA:  The fact that they do test on animals was actually the number one reason that I withdrew my dollars!

No way, not now, nor will I ever !!!!

Regular Contributor

I am trying to live the same. Cruelty free as much as possible for me. I used Philosophy back when it started for a few years, but QVC started introducing much better products. I'm on Molton Brown now. Sign up at their sight and get great sales.

L'Occitane is just the best for in the shower, but I think they still test also. They have gigantic sales sometimes.

So, no. No Philosophy for me.