Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone else not buying as much from Mally and Laura Geller since the companies have been boug

@ctinaw wrote:

I didn't realize they had sold. Guess I haven't been paying attention much. I haven't purchased much from either of them for awhile anyway. I am also beginning to move away from kits. It seems to be better for me to just purchase individual items as I need them - as things tend to last me forever! 

I very rarely do kits. I have to really want the majority of items in the kit in order to purchase it. I know some justify it by saying just one or two of the items is the same price as a whole kit but I just find that wasteful. I used to sell the products I don't want on Ebay but now that isn't really worth all the trouble anymore- between Ebay and Paypal charges and then the cost for packaging and then having to drive to drop it off at the post office, you hardly get any money out of it. Just not worth the hassle anymore.

Valued Contributor

Re: Is anyone else not buying as much from Mally and Laura Geller since the companies have been boug

Last night I got out a box of Mally eyeliner (bought a few when I heard the company sold, but honestly I thought they'd never change the award winning mascara) and I see the ingredients are different than the trio they had on tv a few nights ago. I wish companies would not mess with a good thing.

Thanks Happy Daze for letting me know about Laura. I haven't had problems with her, but a few duds here & there such as her under eye primer & Eye Light, both worthless.

Valued Contributor

Thank you @beach-mom and @Trix for your thoughtful replies.  That makes sense, though it is a shame that when bought up, the small independent companies lose a little something as they become part of the bigger, more homogenous parent company. 

Honored Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

I feel that LG is an experienced enough professional to have not taken the decision to sell lightly. She knows her products and knows what she's doing as a businesswoman. I wouldn't really worry about her line. Sounds like Mally may be a different story though. Too bad, she had a few products I did like. 

I'm sure it was hard for her. And if you read the article @HappyDaze gave us the link to, you'll see that she wasn't happy with all of their decisions. Can you imagine what it would be like to have some of your long-term faithful employees replaced by the new owner's choices? It must have been rough for her.

@SahmIam - Thanks for the infomation. I'm glad I have a lot of her "older" products! I'm going to have to find another mascara though. Smiley Sad

According to the article, Laura's new products are in white and gold packaging, and the older ones in black and red. I just bought one of the brow applicator with the uneven tip, and it was in the black and red packaging! 

@Tantallum - You're welcome! Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Glad I saw this post I feel the products suffer when the brand is sold the new company starts pumping new product one after another and the quality does suffer I felt this way about philosophy , bare minerals and others where I don't even buy from them anymore. The bottom line is always money I'm sure but if LG and others are saddened at some of the changes as was stated in the article they only have themselves to blame I'm waiting for the samething to happen to It