Valued Contributor

Is anyone doing the pan that palette challenge?

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking of starting it in the new year! What to pan?? An old palette or one I love? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone doing the pan that palette challenge?

@Cardamom

Hey, Cardamon!  If I remember correctly, aren't you my partner-in-crime with homemade deodorant?  My 4-yr anniversary is this year!

"Pan the Palette"...had to look that one up, but if you suggested it, it has to be good!  

I saw Amber F's YouTube video starting the challenge Jan 1 & her finale on Dec 31.   Impressive!   I don't think I ever hit pan w/ any of my eyeshadows!  I'm not a dark-shadow gal, so that color always gets tossed.  Smiley Tongue

Are you starting with an old palette or a new one?  How many pans will it have?  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

nah, I love a good palette so I cannot commit to not buying another one until I use one up, lol. I am wayyyy more picky with which palettes I actually buy now.  Good luck if you do it!

Valued Contributor

Hi sidsmom! Yes! I believe I am! Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

I love Amber's videos. I'm not keen on super dark shadows either and I wouldn't force myself to to use something that doesn't look good on me. I should have said that. I have a lot of eyeshadow so I may as well use something I like but would still like to focus on an everyday neutral palette. 

I think I might pan my first palette, it has 11 shadows and actually all are wearable on me! It's Mally's in the buff 2. It came in a TSV. I used it for a month straight, figured out what do do with eyeshadow (due to the book!), amassed a bunch of palettes and put this one down. I haven't used it in at least a year. 

Valued Contributor

Obviously I can barely work my way around this new board and there is no spoiler. Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

Hi Happy Daze!  I figure if I can work on panning a palette it might make me think twice before buying. Smiley Tongue. I already have my eye on Gwen Stephani's new palette. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just knowing the Gwen Stefani palette is being released on my birthday🙌 makes me say a definite NO!LOL. I  am  going to try to wear eyeshadow every day to enjoy my palette collection more...does that count??

Valued Contributor

Yes! 

Okay, I definitely can't go with the mally palette. My eyes don't look so good and I only put the eye shadow on a couple hours ago. 😐

Honored Contributor

I NEED to do this!

Have my eye on the Sahara Haze and Mink palettes by Tom Ford.  

Stop me!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

pan that palette? Can you tell us what it is?