Respected Contributor

Re: Is Ulta discontinuing Laura Geller? 😰

Such a shame if they really are discontinuing the line at Ulta.  I guess I will have to stock up from Laura's website when I can get free shipping.  I was disappointed when Sephora stopped selling it several years ago, but then found it at Ulta.

Respected Contributor

Such a shame if they really are discontinuing the line at Ulta.  I guess I will have to stock up from Laura's website when I can get free shipping.  I was disappointed when Sephora and Macy's stopped selling it several years ago, but was happy to see it at Ulta. Like grooms said in the post before me, I won't  buy Philosophy or IT and am also fed up with seeing them constantly on QVC and now HSN lol.

Respected Contributor

I read somewhere on one of these forums that Laura Geller has filed for bankruptcy.  I also use all of her products & I am not looking forward to finding another line I will like as much as hers.  

Honored Contributor

I was starting to regret picking up two LG blushes at $16 each, thinking I could have gone with less expensive products, but now I see that Ulta is out of the baked blush -- all shades, poof!

Maybe I should bury those regrets and just enjoy these.  For the rest of my life.

(I'm still working on the LG palette I bought in 2010!)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor

The parent company, Glansaol, filed for bankruptcy late in 2018.

https://www.beautypackaging.com/contents/view_breaking-news/2018-12-20/glansaol-owner-of-laura-gelle...

Frequent Contributor

I actually wonder if they phase some of these companies out because they just can’t compete with the values that QVC gives their customers. Buy 2 for $35 or 1 for $28?
Honored Contributor

There are now fewer than 20 items left on the Ulta site and prices have been slashed.

I think it's safe to say the line is being discontinued there. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@cactusjack  what shade are you in B&B?  I have 2 medium unopened foundations if you want to purchase them...

Valued Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@cactusjack  what shade are you in B&B?  I have 2 medium unopened foundations if you want to purchase them...

Oh that is so lovely of you but I wear the fair shade... 😞

Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

Such a shame if they really are discontinuing the line at Ulta.  I guess I will have to stock up from Laura's website when I can get free shipping.  I was disappointed when Sephora stopped selling it several years ago, but then found it at Ulta.

@MarthaStewardess - I'm sad to hear about this too. I've been to Ulta a few times, but mostly to look at nail polish, so I hadn't noticed Laura's line was diminishing.

When Laura sold her company, it seemed like the new owners were at least using some of her original formulas, unlike the situation with Mally. That company seemed to change everything around. Those were my two favorite lines, and the first makeup lines I bought at QVC.

I was watching QVC for the first time on a Saturday. The boys were away camping, and DD was at a friend's house. I was cleaning and turned on the TV to take a break. I had discovered QVC through Birkenstock. I Googled to find them when we moved here and QVC came up, so I ordered a pair. Anyway, Laura was presenting her Pink Grapefruit Blush & Brighten. I'd never heard of Laura Geller before. I ordered that, which is still one of my favorites, and quickly became totally involved with QVC! At the time Sephora had her items on clearance, but the SA was able to match me to Balance & Brighten (Fair). Shortly after that I ordered a Mally TSV - had never heard of her before either! Those were the days - when the representatives actually controlled their own lines and before they were "bought out" by large companies, who just wanted another acquisition! You could really tell how passionate they each were and it was fun to buy the makeup. I miss seeing that passion.