Honored Contributor

Is There a Way to Minimize Pores?

Not just the "look" of larger pores but is there a skin care product that actually minimizes them?  

Super Contributor

Re: Is There a Way to Minimize Pores?

Believe it or not, the Glopro is the best for this with continued use. Just keep using it and you basically dont feel it anymore. It is amaing with skincare. Changed my skin significantly!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Retin-A will make pores smaller over time. BHA and AHA will also help. Microneedling is another way to minimize pores. BHA, such as Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid, is one product I can suggest. BHA is a better than any other kind of skincare acid...BHA has the ability to enter and clean out 'pore sludge' which can make your pores bigger.

Differin, similar to Retin-A, is also formulated to address pore health. Both RA and Differin were created just for pores.

At the professional level...laser resurfacing treatments will definitely shrink your pores, too, along with smoothing out fine lines, wrinkles and tighten skin.

Esteemed Contributor

Keep your face and your pores squeeky clean.  They are less visible if they're clean.  I have found that after years and years of using a retinol, they have shrunk and are not as noticeable as they were in my 40's.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I've always found bumping up my greens & chia seeds

always has a positive affect with skin /pore quality.

Increase the blood flow & everything benefits.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Not just the "look" of larger pores but is there a skin care product that actually minimizes them?  

@monicakm   If pores are kept clean and empty from debris, they appear to be and can be "closed". What helps? Non-alcohol toners after cleansing to make sure all makeup is removed. Regular exfoliation...I prefer chemical over manual (less damage from manipulating skin) and yes, Retin A (or strong concentration of retinol) which exfoliates, plumps skin, as well as other benefits. 

Respected Contributor

I have found using the Clarisonic has dramatically helped my pores. I used to always have some small blackheads lingering around the nose and chin.  Now I don't have any. In fact I found one after my last cruise (didn't pack the Mia) and was like WHAT IS THAT doing there??  So shocked.  So I think it's a great tool for pore mainenance.  But also everything else that's been mentioned here must work too.  I just mention a tool in case you don't necessarily want to change your skincare routine.

Trusted Contributor

Suggestions from the American Academy of Dermatology.

https://www.aad.org/public/everyday-care/skin-care-secrets/face/treat-large-pores 

Valued Contributor

I have used Retin A for years, but I have found adding The Ordinary lactic acid 10% to my skin care has made the large pores on the sides of my nose almost disappear. I purchase at ulta (online) or The Ordinary website
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone.  I don't have a problem with large pores but I know as we get older, that can happen and I'd like to (try) to head it off.  My mother is 81.  She has a flawless complexion.  She uses a few products but the one thing I remember her using since I was a teenager (I'm 61) is powered milk (lactic acid).  I don't think the woman has pores! lol