Valued Contributor

Is There Still Menthol In Dr. Denese's Firming Facial Pads?

I tried these years ago and had to return them due to the extremely irritating menthol or whatever was in them. If you read the Beautypedia review of these, it says even though menthol is no longer listed in the ingredients the pads will knock you over with their mint smell and they still have a very irritating tingle to them. Has anyone used them recently? Has the good doctor finally gotten rid of the mint, or should I bag buying the Beauty IQ special? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is There Still Menthol In Dr. Denese's Firming Facial Pads?

I don't see it in there.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polysorbate 20,
Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Avena Sativa (Ota) Protein, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7,
Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Yeast Extract, Zea Mays, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol Acetate,
Thioctic Acid, Triethanolamine, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Diisostearyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Oryzanol,
Ubiquinone, Sodium PCA, Trisodium EDTA, Potasium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

Information provided by Dr. Denese
®
SkinScience Labs
®

Esteemed Contributor

But it looks like the microdermabrasion cream does.
Valued Contributor

I don't see menthol in the ingredients for the pads either, but like I said Beautypedia says it is still darn well in there (the ingredients it lists are exactly the same as what QVC has).

I am specifically asking anyone who is currently using the pads to let me know if they detect any menthol in them.

I have the scrub, it does not contain menthol.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a jar at home. I haven't opened them yet but I can check it tomorrow.
Esteemed Contributor

@grammarqueen I use those pads every night.I don’t detect any menthol in them at all.They are excellent pads.I think you’ll  love them.

Esteemed Contributor

I bet they have the ingredients backwards. The ingredients I posted I bet is for the scrub.

This is the ingredients for the scrub listed but I bet it's for the pads.

Firming Facial Microdermabrasion Cream: Water (Aqua), Methylpropanediol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil,
Stearic Acid, Pumice, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycolic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Prunus
Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Olea
Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops)
Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita
(Matricaria) Flower Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Allantoin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl
Acetate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Xanthan Gum, Sodium
Stearoyl Glutamate, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
Valued Contributor

I researched and read reviews from about 5 sites other than QVC, and they all gave the pads around 25% - 40% negative reviews that these pads are "extremely irritating", "Gave me a rash" and "burned my skin", among other complaints. I'm definitely going to pass on these and stick to Paula's Choice. 

Valued Contributor

I have used these pads in the past and they work great. Having said that even though the ingredients show no menthol in them I notice a cooling sensation on the skin, the type you get from products with menthol and it makes my eyes water until in dries down (like menthol). So even though there is no menthol listed I believe that it is in there. I have gone back to using Paula's AHA/BHA products (I feel they are superior to the Denese pads) but I think I'm going to order the special today because I want to try the scrub. I will be using the pads on my feet.