Honored Contributor

Is There Any Reason NOT To Do This?

Twice in two weeks I have mixed my Tatcha Cleanser and Tatcha Rice Powder to eliminate a step.  Wondering if this is something I can routinely do and benefit from both products...or not.  I've done it a couple of times since my surgery.

Thanks

Image - The Rice Wash

and 

Image - The Rice Polish: Gentle

Honored Contributor

Re: Is There Any Reason NOT To Do This?

No one would call me an expert, but I'm a big fan of cocktailing products.

Some cleansers already have the exfolient 'grains' mixed in.  I wouldn't see any problems unless some ingredients in them don't play together.

All set for tomorrow.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

Thank you.  And the fact that they are the same brand should help with that theory.  

I'm ready too!  I just finished checking prices on ebay.  Could only find one of my 4 products worth buying on eBay.  I made and offer and will hopefully have an answer before the sale starts.  It's the Nars highlighter in Fort De France

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm I currently do this with Skinn's morning tea tree cleanser and Clinique's 7 Day Scrub and it works great!

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

Someone asked one time on air about using the cleansing oil with the enzyme powder together and they told her that the enzyme powder was water activated, and the enzymes would not activate with oil.  

I don't know if the cleanser you are showing is water or oil, but if it is not water, I would be afraid it wasn't going to work as good as it should with the water.   Just what I recall hearing one time.  FYI

Honored Contributor

I do that all the time.  Not necessarily with TATCHA but with other cleansers and exfoliating powders and have never had a problem.

Honored Contributor

I don't see why not.

I remember years ago Wei East sold a scrub powder.  You just added the powder to your regular cleanser and it turned it into a scrub.  I really liked that.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks for this thread

I've liked Josie Maran's "Argan Exfoliating Cleansing Powder" which doesnt seem all that easy to continually get at the Q.  I use with bit of water.. 

Currently Q offers it as part of a duo, at a sale price::

Josie Maran Argan Milk Cleanser & Exfoliating Powder

Current sale price $33.95  

(apologize - can't figure out how to provide the actuall <link>)

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Honored Contributor

@ugabugabooooo 

No, this is not an oil cleanser.  Thank you for mentioning the oil issue tho.