Honored Contributor

Re: Is TRISH McEVOY leaving HSN?

@Trix   Nope, she started out at QVC.

What many don't know is her big break was thanks to Leonard Lauder. He hired her to work as a makeup artist for the Estee Lauder line and was so impressed, she was made a National Makeup Artist. She traveled all over the US and overseas representing the company. She left the company so she could market her own line of brushes.

Honored Contributor

@Trix  Call up Customer Service.  Trish was on QVC.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@CAROLINA  Did you know that Trish started off on QVC and I think she wanted to do a show her way and that did not happen and she ended up on HSN doing no makeup face and then applying her makeup.  It will be interesting to see if she returns to HSN since QVC owns it now.

I don't recall Trish McEvoy ever being on QVC and I have been a viewer (of many hours)  and shopper since 1990.  I believe @Katcat1 is confusing Trish with Ilana Harkavi and her Il Makiage line.  Ms. Harkavi used to have a weekly show on a former version of Q2 and appeared occasionally on QVC.  This was the early 90s which was the time period Diane Von Furstenberg was a regular vendor on QVC. 

@Trix  - Hi Trixx - @Katcat1  is right. I used to watch Trish on QVC. They rarely gave her any airtime and about the only thing I remember her presenting were the Base Essentials in about 3 colors for the eyes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KarenaJeannette wrote:

@Trix wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@CAROLINA  Did you know that Trish started off on QVC and I think she wanted to do a show her way and that did not happen and she ended up on HSN doing no makeup face and then applying her makeup.  It will be interesting to see if she returns to HSN since QVC owns it now.

I don't recall Trish McEvoy ever being on QVC and I have been a viewer (of many hours)  and shopper since 1990.  I believe @Katcat1 is confusing Trish with Ilana Harkavi and her Il Makiage line.  Ms. Harkavi used to have a weekly show on a former version of Q2 and appeared occasionally on QVC.  This was the early 90s which was the time period Diane Von Furstenberg was a regular vendor on QVC. 

@Trix  - Hi Trixx - @Katcat1  is right. I used to watch Trish on QVC. They rarely gave her any airtime and about the only thing I remember her presenting were the Base Essentials in about 3 colors for the eyes. 

@KarenaJeannette@Katcat1@SahmIam  Although I never saw Trish McEvoy on air at QVC, I will side with you and agree that she appeared on QVC. In order to truly confirm one way or the other customer service would not be the source for this type of answer.  It is the marketing department that would have the archival records of every vendor and product which have been presented on QVC for the 30+ years of its existence. 

@SahmIam  Given my background in corporate retail I am familiar with Trish's history in the beauty business.  She was one of the makeup artists who would be in-store during special events for Lauder.  Trish didn't go to every store and event because that's impossible with a brand as nationally big as Lauder, so it was a big deal if she was scheduled to be at one of your store branches even if only for a couple of hours.  When her own line was introduced at the luxury stores its sold in she made appearances in those stores from time to time for the same reason.  All part of the contractural package for getting the counter space.  

Trusted Contributor

Oh Trixx, those were the days ... Il Makiage and DVF!  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

She’s revamped her online site over the last year, but her makeup colors, items and ideas rarely change. Snooze fest for me.

Her derm husband did her skincare line, so not sure about changes there until she hires another team to replace that dept.

I suspect her HSN visits and traveling to various stores for appearances have ceased for now so she can grieve, regroup and attempt to revive her line. IMO, it’s gotten stale over the past several years. 

what I love about her line is that it is "stale."  It's colors that are very timeless, and work well for my skin coloring.  It isn't about colored boxes, or flavor of the month, or seasonal changes.  

It's just about makeup that works and that you can go back and replace.  Can you say that about other lines? 

There are people who like to play with makeup, get the latest trend, and spend a lot of time and money on it.  Then there are people like me who don't care about changing colors, trying out new things, etc.  I just want what works for me, and what doesn't clutter up my space with all the latest greatest trendy colors, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Trix   All of what I said comes from Trish McEvoy herself. If she says she traveled all ove the country and overseas, who am I to say she didn't. I do know she takes her US artists to the UK with her to train and often sends them without her as well because one of her artists at my local Nordstrom has done it many times. 

An observation: you seem to not want to believe Trish was ever on QVC because you never saw her. Your experience in corporate retail does not make you an expert on Trish especially if it's Trish telling a live audience and/or a magazine about what she specifically did.  Why not simply accept that others are aware of facts that you are not?

Just saying.

Honored Contributor

I love Trish's "Triangle of Light."  I don't do it every day (when I'm just home or going on errands), but when I do it I get a lot of compliments.  I also really like her powder and foundations.  When I use her powder over any foundation I have, I think it makes me look my best and better than other brands.  I enjoyed her presentations on HSN and hope she returns.

Honored Contributor

is her line still in the stores?

I remember when it came to the Nordstrom here, it was a big deal

but now I can't remember if it's still there or at the Bloomingdales

was very hot at the time.  now  time has moved on perhaps .  

Honored Contributor

she was on the Q,  they just had a couple of the eye products must not have done well as I don't think she came back, or it wasn't a good deal for her 

but that was a totally different retail and teleshopping time,

90s or early 2000?s