Honored Contributor

Re: Is Philosophy tested on animals?

@phoenixbrd -

Thank you!

Wow, I was just reading on cruelty free kitty that cover girl has gone cruelty free and is now on the leaping bunny cruelty free list!

They also explained that E.L.F. though manufactured in China, is vegan and cruelty free and refuse to SELL on China, thus not having to test on animals.

That law in China to test is supposedly to change in 2020, to not test, but we'll hope that actually happens.

Milani, Jordana, Hard Candy, LA girl, Essence, also cruelty free.

NYx is too but their parent company is L'Oreal (not cruelty free).

I think cruelty free and leaping bunny are both very good websites for info.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

Strangely enough, I believe if the cosmetic product is MADE in China it does not have to tested on animals if sold in China. But if a cosmetic product is made anywhere else in the world, in order to be sold in China it has to be tested on animals first. 

So any cosmetics brand not made in China but sold in China is guaranteed to be tested on animals there because it is their mandatory law for foreign made cosmetics. 

So if an American or European cosmetics brand wants to open up their market and sell in China they have to agree to test on animals first. 

You can search for cosmetic brands sold in China. 

A good site is: www.ethicalelephant.com 

Esteemed Contributor

FYI Cruelty Free Kitty updated their website and has a new list of CF products as well as non-CF products. They also included those products that are in the "grey" area. That means they don't answer questions or avoid returning emails, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

You can also go to beautifulwithbrains dot com to see who owns what in the beauty industry. Don't know how often that site is updated.

Trusted Contributor

I see that Burts Bees is not on the non-cruelty list, I wonder why not?

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Philosophy tested on animals?o

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I see that Burts Bees is not on the non-cruelty list, I wonder why not?

@Squirrel Lover 

They are now owned by Clorox.

Respected Contributor

Squirrel Lover -

YOU ARE MY KINDA PERSON....

I USE PRAI BECAUSE IT HAS LEAPING BUNNY STATUS AND PORTIONS OF PROFITS ARE USED TO HELP HOMELESS ANIMALS....

IN THE HOUSE IT'S STEAM OR VINEGAR OR BAKING SODA TO CLEAN EVERYTHING BUT THE LAUNDRY - NELLIES IS WHAT I USE THERE....

Respected Contributor

@on the bay  Yes, I also use Distilled 5% White Vinegar for cleaning alot of things but not everything. I use a spray bottle with 1/3 vinegar then fill with water.