Super Contributor

Re: Is Philosophy body wash worth it?

Thanks for all of the feedback! Yes, I know it's subjective... I was actually looking for opinions! Smiley Wink

Maybe I'll buy a bottle from there to try it. I'm not sure it will work for my eczema (I mainly just wash with Cetaphil), but if it doesn't work for me, maybe my kids will like it. 

Valued Contributor

To me philosophy seems like one of those lines that are nothing but hype. ive tried a few things and was so disappointed over and over again.I dont know who buys them. I always laugh when they present the body wash as if its some magical scent with some out of this world lather which you cant get anywhere else. Seriously, my body wash from target is so much better than that stuff. Such a sham 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

Probably not. All formulas are about the same.(diff brands of body wash.)

New Contributor

NO, I really don't think Philosophy is worth the $$ at all! Their ingredient list is not good quality, it's loaded with potential irritants and essential oils... 

Valued Contributor

Not worth it. There is very little benefit in Philosophy formulas. If you are going to pay this amount for shower soaps try Vitacost. They are expensive, but very concentrated so a little goes a long way. They often have sales, and can be found on their own site as well as others. Their ingredients are admirable.

Esteemed Contributor

I have some but you better bet that I wait it out and get a good price.  Around Christmas time I start to look.  I have friends I visit and LOVE Philosophy so that is what I buy for THEM.  As for me I just collect them on sale and use them.  No difference actually in my honest opinion between other choices.  

Long time ago I was in the lobby of a big hotel awaiting my husband in conventional meetings.  Siting next to me and around me were gents with name tags on, another convention at the same time. .  I guess I was bored and I asked about their "engiineering specialty"  The exact title escapes me.  Turns out they were the people who enhance and engineer beauty productrs. So I simply asked why are some products more expensive than others.  Are they SO MUCH BETTER.  The answer, "we make them smell good."And we change the texture.  BUT IT IS ALL ABOUT THE SMELL AND THE PERCEPTION THAT PRICE MAKES A DIFFERENCE.  They are really all the same. 

Honored Contributor

I have loved Amazing Grace from the first day but after years my skin doesn't like it anymore.

I was breaking out and skin dry.  About a year ago, I switched to only Beekman "pure" soap, body wash, body creams.  My skin is soft and smooth -- no more rashes.

I still use Philosphy Amazing Grace body spritz and perfume.

Honored Contributor

@PreKteacher - I think it's worth it! I haven't been using the shower gel that long, and I was using it the wrong way! I had to realize the scent lasts only while you're in the shower. I just couldn't imagine that! And I was using only two ot three pumps from the 32 oz. size. A few months ago I started paying attention to how to use it. Now I put about 8-10 pumps into my sponge. I lather it up under running water. What a difference! I enjoy it in the shower, and my skin feels soft after. Sometimes I can detect a very slight scent. I do use two others, but this is fantastic (they're all different)! 

My current favorite is Mandarin Mimosa .  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a 32 oz container in my shower that came as a set.  My fav perfume is Amazing Grace and so I layer with the shower gel and lotion.  I don't use it everyday.  More importantly, my 7 year old grandson likes it.

Honored Contributor

Philosophy is the only body wash and shower gel I've found to which I'm not allergic. I can enjoy a few minutes of light scent without my head getting severely clogged up.  I can't even use their colognes, just the shower gels. I even transfer some to hand dispensers.